1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving cell phone voicemail files

Discussion in 'General' started by wrx_02, Dec 3, 2018.

1. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I got a voicemail from 2011 I want to save to my new phone.
    Verizon is my carrier and I have the voicemail saved in my "visual voicemail basic" service on my old phone.
    My new phone is unlocked and wont use that, I have tried to save the voicemail file and email it, that doesn't work either.

I am thinking I need to download an app and just record it then output as a different file type.
    I just want something that sounds good enough to tell who the caller is and will make it easier to keep the file as I update phones.

Anyone have a suggestion?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What type of phone?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Headphone jack to mic input on a computer, record may work. I have voicemails from my father, brother and mom that I would like to save. I like to hear their voices once or twice a year.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Lgv10 and LGv35

5. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to do the same thing.
    I don't have a home computer but if I run out of ideas I may borrow a friends.
    I was just hoping to get it saved on the new phone for listening from time to time.

6. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

On my v10 I have the voicemail archived and there use to be a "download" button. It is grayed out now. :(