1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark your calendars - Ride 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I've watched a few early reviews of the game - seems like it's a bit of a step back in terms of handling/physics, but the visuals are a bit improved.

I'll probably wait for it to go on sale - Ride 2 is still a pretty solid game.

3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I picked it up today. The biggest difference is handling is very twitchy compared to 2, I'm all over the place. Parts customization isn't changed much, you can change individual engine parts like rods, etc, but overall there's still a lot of generic options with only a couple things to choose from. it's not like you can change rearsets and clip ons, at least not on the cbr300, maybe other bikes will allow more. I thought night time riding would be a gimmick but it's actually pretty cool.

So far it doesn't seem like it blows the doors off ride 2, but if you really like the series it seems like a worthwhile buy.

Senna likes this.
  4. Can you change paint colors (beyond the OEM options)? Like can you choose to paint the bike all black and shit like that?

I hope they finally got some aftermarket exhausts for the new GSXR and ZX10.

5. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

That was my concern. Looked too similar to Ride2. For these games to work and stay interesting they need to be adding new courses and bikes often otherwise it becomes stale fast.

Regarding the physics - is it better or worse than Ride2? Ride2 wasn't too horrible on that front.

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Sooo I haven't played any of the ride games.Should I just buy ride 2? I was waiting on 3,but should I just get the 2?

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The most important question is, does the game include the Grom?

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Buy Ride 2 now. If you like it buy Ride 3 after the price has dropped.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

I got to play Ride 3 for a few hours today.

Physics are more responsive than ride 2. Side to side transitions are much quicker. However, the bikes get unsettled on the brakes much easier than before. Sometimes it's very difficult to quickly transition and brake, especially on the light bikes. Still way better than the Isle of Mann game....

You can "race modify" bikes now, finally. Easy one step that gives you all of the upgrades and race bodywork.

Paint and liveries can be created. Yay, I can nerd out and put my own number plates on a pink BMW haha.

Sounds are miles ahead of Ride 2. Still not perfect but the engines make generally the right noises now.

Some of the tracks are better than others. Laguna looks great while Daytona looks wack. The banking isn't nearly steep enough, there are no grandstands on the back stretch, etc. I kinda dig the Mulholland track, its "inspired" at best compared to the real road but the layout is fun and fast.

The career mode is loooong. I'm only got through a few of the championships before I got bored. However, you're kinda forced to win all of the races in order to eventually unlock a bike you want to buy. Most of the new liter bikes are locked like this which is retarded. The superbikes are cool buy you need to save a bunch of money to buy them. You can set up a quick race but you hardly earn any money from them.

Overall I like it. I just wish I could jump into whatever race I want and the bikes can get unlocked sooner. If you are on the fence it's worth a buy. No need to fire up ride 2 again.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone know how the physics compares to MotoGP '18?

11. You could do that in Ride 2.

When you went to modify them, there was an option for the Race package (R3 = MW bikes, R2 = Endurance, R1 = Superbikes).

But the Race package made them illegal for regular events because it raised the PP level too high.

12. tecknojoe

It's really annoying that some things are locked until very late in the game. It's going to take forever and I'll likely get bored before I get to the really cool bikes.

It's funny how the first weekly challenge is a Panigale V4, because at first you're not going to have any experience on anything faster than an fzr400.

Yea with the livery editor you can paint it however u want. The only issue is that it doesn't let you paint individual panels. For example, you can't paint just the passenger seat cover on the 690 duke and not spill over onto the subframe. you'd have to get a series of small shapes and lay them all around whatever part you want.

Physics so far I think are worse, because like hoyaxc07 explained, it's much more responsive. It feels really twitchy and easy to get unsettled. It's getting a little easier with time but still hard to manage. If you try to put too much on the front tires as you start braking it'll get unsettled and sometimes crash, which is kind of cool because you could be a little unrealistically hard on the front tire with ride 2.
    I don't think I've seen it. I really wish they would. They could have that and little 50s to vary the game more.
    Motogp 17 was close to ride 2. They're both made by the same company. I don't know if they're sharing the engine between the two games. if they are, then it may just feel about the same.

Senna likes this.
  13. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

If you do the training school part (the lowest row when it displays the entire grid of challenges during career mode or whatever) you can win a 17 gsx-r1000r pretty quickly)

I’ve noticed the hard braking difficulties as well. Moving your weight back while braking is key, I mapped my button to shift my weight to the rear to be X on PS4 and the rear brake to R1, my brain was having difficulty telling my hands to move the left stick one way to turn in and the right stick backwards to move my weight. Even with that I still have a hell of a hard time being consistent in braking zones

tecknojoe likes this.
  14. tecknojoe

If you have an Xbox elite controller, you can remap the sensitivity of the thumbsticks. I was able to clean up the steering drastically by doing this. I also remapped my triggers to use the last 70% only, effectively giving myself a quick throttle.

The game also gets better after you unlock the second row in the career mode. I'm really starting to like it now.

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

They want $140+ dollars for one of those controllers on Amazon.

Microsoft needs to hook me up with their supplier, because whatever they're smoking must be strong as phuck if they think I'm paying that much for a controller.

16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Bought this last night. Only got it installed and played through the intro. Looks pretty but it does seem like there is something a bit funny about the steering.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Don't ever check the pricing for sim wheels and pedals :crackup:

:D

I have always enjoyed the series, but I just don't have the time. I bought the latest Moto GP game (18 I think?) and have yet to play it.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I have a "decent' Thrustmaster TX wheel that was pricey, but that provides a much more immersive experience than just another controller.

19. ricracer16

ricracer16 Well-Known Member

Silly question but is this available for xbox 360 elite? I haven't played a video game in about 9 years. I saw this game on youtube and thought I should dust off the xbox and if it still worked. I can't seem to find anyone selling it for my old ass xbox. I'm a just shit out of luck?

Thanks,

Rick

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Nope. Your console is essentially obsolete in the eyes of developers, and hasn't really seen a major notable new game release since 2016 IIRC.