1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caster wheel rear stands

Discussion in 'General' started by JBowen33, Nov 28, 2018.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Anyone have some feedback with these? I would like to be able to move my bike around in the toyhauler (I have a small one without a separate garage) so I can tuck it width wise to have more space at night and use the fold out couch bed. I saw moto D makes one. Thanks

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Have you considered a Constand (https://www.constands.com/en/) instead? They have a center lift stand, on caster wheels. I have no experience with them, but a fellow on the H2 SX board seemed to like his.

Sabre699 and JBowen33 like this.
  3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed these being used in some of the MotoGP pits but I’m guessing they make their own. I’d grab a set if Pit Bull or someone reputable made them.

JBowen33 likes this.
  4. JBowen33

I wish Pitt bull did too but the only ones I have found are Moto D, some super expensive one I forget what it’s called and cheap eBay ones that are not much cheaper then the moto D one.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just put my stuff on my Pit Bull stands and pull it sideways. Never had an issue.

sdiver, backbone and JBowen33 like this.
  6. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I had one of those for two days.* Biggest POS I've ever had. The caster wheels changed the pivot point for the stand and made it substantially more difficult to lift then a normal stand. Also, all the various pieces that are bolted together would twist due to them using small bolts and generally shitty manufacturing tolerances. It seems like a great idea, but in reality it's fucking horrible.

*https://shop.constands.com/en/paddo...nds-mover-i-universal-black-i4030-35080-0.htm

stk0308 and JBowen33 like this.
  7. JBowen33

I normally do do that in the garage and what not but from doing that in the hauler it started to wear the floor a bit. Also if I could “wheel” it and not drag it I would give me another foot or so since I could tuck it in farther in the corner. Mind you the inside of my toyhauler is only 18 feet inside.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That Moto D floater looks like a good deal,I didn't know they made that, I also slide mine around a little on the stands, but that's a better deal.

JBowen33 likes this.
  9. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

We have two of the Moto-D rear stands on casters. We use them in the garage, to swivel one bike up against the wall, and another into a corner. The work great for THAT application, but are a pain in the tail to use as a 'regular' rear stand, because it is a lot harder to get the bike up on the stand, it wants to move around and as said above it changes the pivot point so it is harder to lift the bike. I imagine it would work for what you are trying to do, as long as you don't try to use it as your primary (or only) rear stand, it is a good stand for storage and playing Tetris in the garage with your bikes but not for a pit stand where the bike is on and off it a bunch of times a day.

10. JBowen33

I have pit bulls as my “primary” stands. I kinda figured the moto D would be harder to get the bike up on the casters since there isn’t a fixed pivot point like you said . I need another rear stand anyway because I’m not talented enough to be able to move the bike and carry a rear stand at the same time so it be nice to have two rear stands anyway. I’m going to get the moto D now that someone said it’s worth it.

11. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

turner38, JBowen33 and Gonzo523 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay those are kind of really cool.

13. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

14. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

huh i'm just a dumb ole country boy, 30 min on my lathe and a few bucks for casters and wala

Attached Files:

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  15. MotoGP69

Those are awesome! There is a YouTube video if you want to see them in action. I want.

16. JBowen33

Those are really cool but I’m way to cheap for those especially already having the pitbulls

17. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

They are rad as hell, and to demonstrate just how well they work... https://www.instagram.com/p/BaSFj4ODkIg/

Only downside is that they don't life the front tire off the ground, though they're working on adapters to turn the front into a more traditional lifting stand.

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

:crackup:

motion likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Snicker snicker snicker

20. MotoGP69