1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Gladiator

Discussion in 'General' started by bleacht, Nov 15, 2018.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I should have said "Wrangler" and not Jeep. May be a regional thing, but around here they don't negotiate much on new ones and it makes no sense to buy a used one due to the resale value. Similar to 4Runners and Tacomas. I suspect the first few runs will get stupid money, then settle down around MSRP around me at least. Then again, I've been wrong about tons of shit in my life so who knows. Seems like other people in this thread have seen pretty high values on them in the past as well, but YMMV.

2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

The ridiculous thing is the "smaller size trucks" nowadays are as big or bigger than the "full size" trucks from 10-15 years ago.

ducnut and stk0308 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not remotely the same tho...

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How so? In terms of off road capabilities?

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

One breaks attempting to follow the trail, the other breaks attempting to forge the trail.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Assuming the new one isn't on a pickup chassis yes, night and day compared to an S10/Colorado/whatever chassis and that's before adding a better suspension and axles and everything that the one pictured will come with compared to an S10 with a body kit.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Jeep Comanche

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Have you seen the size of people increase over the past 60 years?? :eek:

:beer:

9. fastfreddie

So, seats having gotten smaller is relative? :D

10. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

You can haul a lot of stuff in the bed of a truck :) 261819FF-6116-405D-8CCF-912927D6804B.jpeg

Pixelator and Phl218 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except the new Jeep bed is smaller than that one.

12. fastfreddie

Ain't none of 'em like they used to be.
    The smell of rotting canvas, a bed that gave no fucks about what got loaded into it, suspension that warranted kidney belts and, most importantly, you only needed a simple compliment of tools for service/maintenance/repair...but goddamn if you couldn't run over trees and keep goin'.
    :dead:

dtalbott likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

There's a beat J10 that parks across the street from me. That is what a Jeep pickup should be.

14. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Not really digging it as a toy hauler

2BA7DA9B-F4DF-4D5B-8136-7FD1BF9EBCD4.jpeg

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

And that’s exaxtly what’s kept me from buying a diesel Colorado. Now, I have to see what this Jeep is like in the flesh.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The mall parking lot will be full of them....

Pixelator and crashman like this.
  17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

And so will Moab. This will be a very popular setup for the Overland crowd as well. The rubi’s with 35’s are gonna sell like crazy.

Wingnut likes this.
  18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This. I had a 1998 Tacoma SR5, 4WD, Xtra cab, 5 speed, V6, with a mild lift and 33s. Damn, I loved that truck. Now, the Tacoma is so much larger than my old one. Today, there are no compact pickups. I really wish someone would bring that segment of the market back. I think they'd sell.

Of course, you'd have the detractors, saying how it's not a "real truck", but for what a lot of people need truck for these days, a truck like my 98 Tacoma would be just fine. You don't need an F250 to haul a few sheets of plywood home from Lowe's.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

ducnut and sharkattack like this.
  20. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I saw this company doing JK conversions a few years back.

Attached Files:

blkduc likes this.