1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas

Discussion in 'General' started by Funkm05, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... last year we took care of Kurt’s kids. Are we doing so again this year? Putter’s daughter? Anyone in contact with anyone that we can get this set stuff set up? Clock is ticking.

418, Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I certainly applaud this idea, as for me I'm a big fan of Toys for Tots. In my area, at least, this has been a well run charity where there is no doubt as to where the benefits go.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. I’m in.

I remember that from last year. I hope it brought Kurt’s kids a few mins of joy.

4. I’m in. Id prefer to throw some money to a beeb person or add it to a fund. This is mainly due to a crazy next month or so wit overseas travel pretty much non stop until Xmas and my schedule is a tad overwhelming. I’m a heartless prick but not to kids at Xmas and I just don’t want to forget that’s all.

5. I donate a decent chunk of money to a buddy who’s wife goes shopping for quite a few of us. I really don’t like to be noticed or recognized for donating anything, I prefer the anonymous route. Well until I get off the fbi’s most wanted list, then I’m buying a t shirt cannon :)

6. 418

418 Expert #59

In.

I really liked the Amazon list we did for Kurts kids. It was super easy/convenient.

Gorilla George and Funkm05 like this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Who was it that got that amazon link all set up? @SmokeSignalRT ??

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I think it was Huey.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... no one has any connection? Anyone? My amazon account is ready & waiting.

10. :stupid:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you can't find a kid why don't we do the RRW fund? I can get behind that. Think up a name for it (something like Ho Ho Ho, Mongo is bastard) and when you call in, you reference that.
    Or some kid running in motoamerica, we get some WERA BBS stickers done up and we sponsor him.

I don't know how to pay pal and I'd prefer not to give gofudgeyourself 5% but let me know what'd going on and I'm in.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not looking for just “a” kid, though, I guess. Like I said, I’m interested in “keeping it in the family” and taking care of either Kurt’s kids and/or Putter’s if someone has connections. I don’t/didn’t know either of them from outside of this forum, but I want to make sure they know they’re not forgotten. They were good guys gone too soon. Want to make sure their kids have a good one regardless.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got what you were saying and maybe I didn't say my reply in the right way. :(

There's a conversation about Putter's daughter on here somewhere (PowderChad and someone) and I don't want to paraphrase it. :(

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

:(

15. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Hi folks. Sorry so late getting my attention.
    I brought this up to Kurt’s wife Diedre and she said it wasn’t necessary but thank you.
    I told her it was you guys asking to! So she s going to shoot me over the Amazon’s lists. I’ll post them as soon as I get them.
    Olivia is 16 and Conrad is 13 now. Everyone is doing fairly well. Thanksgiving was rough but they got through it. It’ll always be rough.
    Funny request is Conrad wants OSHA manuals. Seriously. Don’t ask. Hahahha he just loves the official data and numbers.
    Another request I guess is if anyone is close to Winder: they have a lot of logs for firewood they need to get cut down. She had a pto driven splitter in their tractor which she’s ok with but she’s not down with getting them to fire place width with the leg-taker-offer. I’ve been trying to get out there myself.

She’s amazed. I’m amazed. And I miss Kurt. Like we all do.
    Thank you and I’ll get back as soon as I know also.

SmokeSignalRT, Funkm05 and RichB like this.
  16. Huey130

17. Huey130

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

@Huey130 - what address do they need to ship to??

20. Huey130

From what I u sets tans and how it was setup last year: their ship to is selectable when you buy it.

joec likes this.