1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Nov 23, 2018.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hello All,

On the hunt again, wife's 5s iPhone is acting wonky, so ...

Anybody have a good condition Verizon iPhone 7 or up they want to unload?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Yes and know.

I have a great iPhone 7 im looking to unass. It is already wiped clean and good to go. It was in a cover (including the glass cover for the screen) the whole time, so it is in great condition.

...but it is AT&T. I don't know if that matters.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think AT&T will work for Verizon. 99% sure.

4. alan

alan Well-Known Member

If the original poster is not interested I would be. I use AT&T. Let me know.
    Alan

5. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Take a look at the iPhone SE New model, similar size to the 5S but newer faster processor. I bought one, it's fast and works great with the current IOS and the battery lasts a LONG time. It is small and light and very inexpensive. Still has the headphone jack, which is something I wanted and use a lot.

I bought mine as an AT&T Go Phone for $150 at Best Buy, then just had them set it up on my AT&T plan. If I bought it on my plan, it would have been like $350, the Go Phone version is the identical phone, just available much cheaper as a cash purchase versus on the plan and still has the AT&T SIM card.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have a 7 128 gig black Verizon I am looking to sell, always been in a Otterbox type case, and will come with an extra case that has never been used.

7. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I am 99% sure that ATT and Verizon service iPhones are not compatible. 1% certantity that I’m wrong though....

gapman789 and motion like this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Chris,

Thanks and let me check and I'll get back ASAP.

M

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Chris thanks for the offer, but confirmed AT&T won't work with Verizon.

The search continues.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There you go, I was 99% wrong. :D

11. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

AT&T will unlock your phone.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

PM'd.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Verizon still not doing sim cards for their stuff?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

As long as it's unlocked it will work. Internally they are all the same.

15. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I just gave my mom one of my old Verizon phones yesterday and she also has Verizon. They put a new sim card in for her for free and transferred all of her stuff over. Did that for the last phone I gave her too.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The carrier (ATT) would have to unlock the phone before it can be used with another carrier.

ATT makes it verrrry f'n difficult and they take their sweet ass time in doing so. Took me about a week and 5 phone calls to finally get one of my 6s's unlocked. They can't/won't do it at a store.

May as well get a 256 gb iX for $1200. PSA: Don't give your ATT security code to your daughter.

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Might as well spend $1,200 on a phone instead of making a phone call to get one unlocked? That doesn't make much sense. When I switched to Ting I had AT&T unlock mine and then spent $10 on a Sprint SIM card. It was easy and has saved me thousands.

18. gapman789

I bought (4) 6s's when they first came out.
    I recently got one of the 6s's unlocked....that was the hassle from hell.

My daughter said her 6s was stolen back in the spring. She asked me for my security code so she could buy herself a new phone, but keep the service on my acct. She ended up getting the $1200 iX and put it on my acct.

2 separate situations in my original reply. The $1200 phone had nothing to do with unlocking the 6s. Sorry for the confusion.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Whats an iphone iX???

20. gapman789

Iphone 10