1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Valencia | Spain | 2018 | Nov 16 - Nov 18

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Yes.

2. wac

wac Well-Known Member

What a mess of a race.

3. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Okay, what about Rins? He has been on fire the last half of the season....

I still say if he can Do better when the lights go off he would be battling for the top four spots on a regular.

4. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

anyone notice bautistas air vest looked like he put on 30 lbs after he got up, moto 2 crash fest was ugly. dont they do rainouts. sometime it is just too much rain, poor joe r dosn 't seem to get a break.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

There is no way he can ride again looking like the Michelin man (pun intended) even if the bike is in operational condition. I'm not sure if the manufacturer sits down with the rider and they deliberate over the level of force the rider is willing to take in exchange for possible remounting after a crash. Many of the crashes don't result in the airbags deploying. Thoughts?

6. Silverstone. Just a couple of months ago.

7. Prospect likes this.
  8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I see the Kelly kid is in Valencia. Anyone know if he’s riding GPs next year?

10. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about passes for the testing tomorrow ?
    I’d love to go but couldn’t find anything online , in English . Is it open to the public ? I sent CU a message on instagram to see if he needed a tag a long / waterboy

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Glad I didn't try to watch the race live, but what a great finish to the season. What these riders are able to do in such terrible conditions is amazing to watch.....

Admit I got a little teary eyed watching Pedrosa walk into the HRC pit for the last time as a rider.......due has really been one of the greats for the sport despite the vitriol aimed at him early in his career.

AJ, Phl218 and Prospect like this.
  12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Agreed, it's a shame that he's leaving the paddock and more so that it ended in a less than spectacular fashion which he very much didn't deserve.

Another fantastic highlight was Pol; the sheer delight on the KTM team and the admirable relationship he has with his brother, was beautiful seeing them hug it out in parc ferme. And of course Bradley was a gentleman as always, coming down to parc ferme to congratulate Pol.
    These acts of sportsmanship are ones to cherish, admire and look up to.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  13. NemesisR6

The only other things that sucks is, as always, knowing that we have almost 4 months till 2019 kicks off.......

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

All in all, not a bad season!

418 likes this.
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Pol in parc ferme was hilarious.

Did they later edit out those happy F bombs he kept dropping? :crackup:

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

2019 will be interesting!

Will MM injuries finally change his strategy of crash on Friday win on Sunday? Staying healthy and winning starts solidifying the GOAT talk, but riding hurt and fading gives credence to the Lorenzo's and Rossi's.

418, NemesisR6 and Phl218 like this.
  17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Yes

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hodgeson, Toseland all those guys have been saying if Marquez keeps crashing like he does eventually it will end his career. It's become expected that he hit the deck working up to the race every weekend. That's not sustainable.

BigBird likes this.
  19. NemesisR6

Good question, and shoulder problems seem to have really affected a number of racers in the past, including Rossi. Spies and Hodgson's careers were ended from lingering shoulder issues.....

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn...you ended Rossi's career already