1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broome's new TV is about to be released......

Discussion in 'General' started by mastermind, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I would suggest someone go look at a new OLED and compare it to a LED or plasma and report back. The OLEDs at Costco I looked at last week are very nice

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

100 grand for a fucking TV? Fuck all that!

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Is that really a thing? I bought a Samsung fridge 11 years ago and it's been perfect.

Odilup likes this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Just imagine spending all that money on a TV and missing race 2 from Qatar.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You got the one good fridge they made:D

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Nope. I got a second one. Been perfect.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

It must be a rebadged Icon or something

renegade17 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Samsung was the shit for awhile. I have a washer and dryer (still work perfect), a stove (I hate it but it's still going), a 65" plasma (shit the bed twice and can't find anyone to fix it now but I got my money's worth out of it so I'll count it as a win) and a dish washer (that shitted out after a month but that was an install problem that let to it shitting out).

The dish washer pissed me off so much that I swore off their stuff even though most of their crap I have (or had) worked just fine.

I might even have another one of their plasmas but I haven't looked at it in awhile. Might be a panasonic (I know I have one of those around here).

10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

You’re kidding right. Basically smart tv, aesthetics, weight and resale value? Apple TV solves smart problem, I’d put my looks up against any of the new ones, resale, wtf is that with throw away electronics. Now to address the ultra Hd.

Is it good, yes. How much stuff is actually broadcast if 4K or how a processor fast enough to keep up with it. Not much.

I paid <$1000 for two KUROs a 50 and 60 brand new in box. I’ll put them up against any of the newer Oleds.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Unfortunelty, yes. Consider yourself very lucky. Samsung appliances are notoriously bad.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's the only major appliance I bought on a whim. Was out shopping at lowes with the kids and it was on sale so I thought I'd surprise the wife when she got home from work with a new installed dishwasher. I've lost track of how many times that thing has fucked me and left me non functioning with a wet floor. It DOES actually do a nice job with the dishes, but..... I'm getting rid of it next time.....

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Projector...50"-300".
    Epson Pro Cinema 6040UB LCD 4K (Pixel-Shift) Projector Review - HomeTheaterHifi.com
    Someday, I'll have to replace our 13(?) year old, 100lb, $10K, 50" Runco plasma. I'll be lobbying for a high-end projector. The one linked retails at $3999. That's $0.50/day for 20 years, minus bulb purchases, which I'll expect to get as a service life. (Our plasma has had one expensive repair. I won't cave in to another repair should it need one.)

Speaking of repair, our Sunfire - Home Theater Receiver has proved to be unrepairable...cascade failures. :(

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Add their washing machines and dryers to the list.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. Have you seen the Organic LEDs (OLED).

I’ve had multiple plasma TVs, and the OLED is much better.

18. Beat me to it.

I’ve got a LG 65” OLED in the bedroom and it is ridiculous.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Replaced a washer after 5 hard years. Put anything and everything throigh it. Not too upset that it literally killed itself. I am hard on equipment.

20. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I don’t even want to begin to think of the things you put in there!!!!! :D

Phl218 and Paige like this.