1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Gladiator

Discussion in 'General' started by bleacht, Nov 15, 2018.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

What do you guys think? 7500lbs towing capacity and 1600lbs payload.

gladiator-1542218186.jpg

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Meh. Will be grossly expensive for what it is and how much will anyone really pull with a modded 10 inch lift, bigger tires, and that same torqueless motor

Jon Wilkens and vizsladog like this.
  3. Meh. Bed is still too small to be useful and you lose interior volume. There’s a market for it and it will sell but I’m not a fan personally. The extra towing is the only thing that would sway me to that but if I need to tow I can use the wife’s 18 Audi Q7 which is about the same as the jeep :)
    As far as the motor, I do some decent wheeling in mine and torque has never been a limiting factor except maybe once or twice in Moab. Overall the motor with a programmer and just a drop in KN filter is plenty fine.

LisaU likes this.
  4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Just another Jeep Mall Crawler.

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I dig it but they need to get a real power plant and driveline under those things, unless they are going to cut the price by 20k

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

God no.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

This is a "shut up and take my money" moment for me. Half doors and no top. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I'll still wait until they're 1-2yrs old on the used market. I wouldn't dream of buying a first year new model.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stupid name.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The tag line should be if you like gladiator movies you will love the new Jeep Gladiator. :D

rd400racer and ChemGuy like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

But just think about how awesome the special models will be.
    I can't wait to see what the "Spartacus" model would look like?

11. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I have a 4-door mall crawler and enjoy it, but this is a piss poor version of a jeep, combined with a piss poor version of a truck.

hard pass

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

man, with the 3.0 diesel and crew cab option I bet they sell every one they make with a wait list for the first year or two.

For Dopes like me who don't need (or want) all the shit that comes with and the size of an F150 or a Ram this almost makes sense. Bags of mulch, hauling shit to the dump, hauling junk around, it's a suburban home dope's wet dream. And you can dress it up to make it look like you take it off road and pose at starsmucks and make the Tesla drivers envious.

But I ain't buying, I'd rather an Amarak.

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Historic name. Jeep named their truck model the Gladiator back in the 60's.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Not a truck, because the bed is too small. So, just another 4 door SUV pretending to be...something, not sure what.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They are going to print money with this thing.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Missed it by that much.

Ditch the 4 doors, and make a longer box you can fit a dirtbike in. Half doors, soft top, 6' pickup truck box, 4x4 I can stick a plow on for the winter and I'm IN. That thing is close, but not close enough.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Same was said about the Honda Ridgeline....and then they went and sold a couple hundred thousand of them.
    What other truck can go topless?

upload_2018-11-15_10-5-5.png

I still kinda think these pictures might be photoshopped a bit. On the wrangler, there is a need for the diagonal slice of the door because of the rear fender. With this being stretched out, no need for the diagonal slice unless they just didn't feel like engineering a different door. Also, if the bed is separate, how is that fender flare going to attach where it overlaps the body?
    upload_2018-11-15_10-9-32.png upload_2018-11-15_10-10-12.png

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Make it a 2 door on the same wheelbase or possibly a cab and a half... I really liked my old cJ8 scrambler

(not mine)
    [​IMG]

Pixelator, L8RSK8R and vizsladog like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My bet is that they will do that. maybe not the "fit a dirt bike in it" but you'll be able to get a grom, a zuma and a mountain bike or two in it. Chrysler smells money and will ring every dollar they can out of it.

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Why would they make a 6’ box single cab? So they can compete with pickups? There’s a reason why the JK was so popular over the 2 door version. People want rear seats and a small bed. Just go look at all the super crew and quadcab pickup trucks with 5’ beds. People drive those because they want to tow and don’t want to pay 60k for a full size SUV.

I’m one of those guys.

Phl218 likes this.