1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Oct 30, 2018.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Usually when "experts" and critics pan the hell out of something, it means us regular folk will love it.

BigBird, G8rDuc, StaccatoFan and 2 others like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I've found.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Agreed... Alot of the experts also tend to forget that there are things that band members and true insiders to the band really don;t want getting out or would rather forget. As well, I am sure that there are situations that resulted in a legal dispute that they aren't allowed to talk about.

stk0308 likes this.
  4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's nothing short of amazing what that guy could get a audience to do.

ts199 likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

May is a great musician and indeed has lovely tone. But pretty much any musician in the world would be outstaged by Freddie and the relentless energy this guy displayed when performing.

Steady T and masshole like this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shoot, during the London opening ceremony, they had projections of him and he managed to get the crowd going...

Never was a big Queen fan but... much respect for the showmanship of the fellow with the awful mustache!

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Just watched it.
    He did a great job.

Movie was decent. Nothing earth shattering, but decent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

G8rDuc likes this.
  8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Rami Malek = Oscar nom= likely win...not that I give a fook.
    I liked him in Mr Robot.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It was better than I thought it would be.
    Overall pretty good.
    He did a good job, but he ain't no Freddie.

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Does Rami actually sing (like Joaquin Phoenix did in Walk the Line) or does he lip synch? I think trying to sing would ruin it. Like him or not, Freddie had one of the best, most recognizable voices in rock history.
    Looking forward to seeing it.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rami did not do any vocals, almost all of it was Freddie, but a Canadian christian singer did add to some of Freddie's vocals....Mark Martel.

sharkattack likes this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

It was worth a watch - wife and I saw it last night and enjoyed it but as others have said - certainly no instant classic or anything.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I would rather see a Frankie Goes To Hollywood movie.
    THOSE "guys" knew how to sword fight!

14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Saw it yesterday, great time. When the LiveAid part concluded, the theater audience gave a standing ovation.

scottn likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I saw a commercial stating its the #1 movie in the world right now. I guess it was better than The Last Jedi then? lol

Jedb likes this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Very few movies weren't better than that pile.

17. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Just saw it; loved it. I think Rami did a great job. The guys playing Brian May and John Deacon looked just like them. For a drama pic (as opposed to a pure documentary) it was great. Two thumbs up, for sure.

And when we got back in the car, Bohemian Rhapsody was playing on XM25 when I started the car. Very cool.

Pitdad42 likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Saw it tonight, I liked it. Yeah, it's not necessarily historically accurate, but it was a good movie.
    The Mike Myers line about kids not ever banging their heads in their car to Bohemian Rhapsody cracked me up. Seems nobody else in the theater got that joke. Oh well.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just concerned that you said "pound me too" in a thread about Freddy Mercury..

jonathanp and brex like this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member