1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun values

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Nov 11, 2018.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

While I'm on the road, my Mother and sisters are looking to sell the guns my father had left. They had a local appraisal done, but the values seem low to me.

Is there a good online source for checking gun values?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What kinda guns? Can I have first dibs???? Spill it! You wouldn’t be interested in keeping your father’s guns???

3. dtalbott

I'd like to keep some, but I have three sisters and a Mom who rather have money, and I can't justify buying them now. Just trying to get the most money for my Mom.

To me, the best of the bunch is a Winchester 1100 in .410 gauge.

There's also a Remington model 742 .243 with scope, a Remington model 740 30.06 with scope, and two .22 caliber revolvers.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Blue Book of Gun Values. 39th Edition is the latest I believe.

5. dtalbott

Is it online?

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

7. dtalbott

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Cross reference the models with gunbroker’s sold items and Armslist -20% imo

ToofPic likes this.
  9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I hope they at least leave you one,you after all was his son.My old man drank so bad at the end,he had sold almost all of his guns.
    I only have one old sears single shot 12 ga.Ive got one of my grandfathers 22 rifles.All my cousins got the good ones,and I got the last gun left.
    Its nice having something they owned,and they arent worth anything,but Im proud to have them.

BigBird, RichB and speedluvn like this.
  10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You mean a Remington 1100?

dtalbott likes this.
  11. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

There is no Winchester 1100. There's a Winchester Model 11. But the 1100 is a Remington. I don't know who did your "appraisal". But a gun store isn't going to give you retail. Obviously. You'll be lucky to get 50% of retail value selling outright to a gunstore. A Remington 1100 in .410 is worth the most. Retail you might be able to get $1000. Retail on a Rem 742 is $250 to $400 approx. The 740 is about the same. The .22 revolver all depend on what they are, which you don't state. I work at a gunstore by the way.

terminus est likes this.
  12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The 742, I'd say about $400, depending on condition and the scope.

The 740, same as the 742.

13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

remington made the 1100 (semi auto loading shotgun), winchester did make a 1200 (semi auto loading shotgun), trying to capitalize on the success of remington's flagship auto loader.

unsure if winchester made a 1200 in .410. i know remington FORE SURE had an 1100 in .410. always had a soft spot for them. Ski

14. dtalbott

Yes. Long day.

15. dtalbott

Sorry, it is a Remington 1100 .410, and it matches the Remington 1100 12 gauge Dad gave me 35 or so years ago.

The pistols are a H&R 22 revolver, and a Ruger Single 6 22 revolver.

16. dtalbott

Double the appraisal, on each gun.

17. dtalbott

Understood on the pricing.

Would the price change if the customer asked for an appraisal for insurance vs "What would you give me for these?"

18. dtalbott

20181111_201027.jpg

The Remington 1100 410.

Does the "Model LW" mean anything special beyond lightweight?

19. dtalbott

20. dtalbott