1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic transmission manual shift kit

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

we are so deep in this now, i feel the OP has to make this happen.

when there's a will, there's a way.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think a donor V8 with a manual from a junkyard and some welding is in order. :D

Phl218, badmoon692008 and masshole like this.
  3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It's easier to just put the license plates on a vehicle with all that stuff on it already. I mean, it's an escape, not an old charger or something cool.. It'll be fun until it costs you money, now you're going to re-engineer stuff you may or may not have any skills at? Keep it as is and enjoy it while practical. :D

BigBird likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

OK, I think, based on how completely clueless you appear to be on this topic, that maybe you should go hang out in a different thread.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is how he posts in all threads....

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Holy fucking shit. I mean seriously.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, sadly I'm serious.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I love the idea. My buddy thinks it's doable, with caveats. Not impossible or stupid, just a tad difficult and likely unpretty.

However, I'm all about tilting at windmills, and I want to see this succeed (or at least start).

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!!!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Instead of R typing it and slamming it to the deck why not put a lift kit, some bash guards and do some light off roading with it?

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

ehh...

if we based everything on appearances.. o wieght. ah nevermind... lol

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What do you mean, that I may not have skills at? Of course I don't have the needed skills in that area. That is why I am on here asking advice from some who do have the skills and getting advice from those that are even more clueless than me.:)
    The point is, I think it can do this and I will end up with a vehicle that handles better than it does stock ( and it really is pretty good for what it is) and I will be able to control my shift points better than the trans does by itself. I do not plan on spending much more money on it than I need to for the parts that it really needs.

All in all, it is still a bad idea, but that doesn't mean I am not going to do it.

Mark,
    My SV is WERA SS legal, so all of the good CCS cheater SS stuff is not on this bike. I did race Ed Key's CCS legal SS Sv at Blackhawk one time and it was fun.

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Agreed, if you want a Manual Tranny (like my truck), get a vehicle with one

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

get a minivan. you'll be happier.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

basically it's the essence of the sleeper concept, just without the power increase.

IIRC, the orientation of motor / crank to axle - it should allow you to do a VW VR6 swap, incl. tranny.

best of both worlds. a good pulling and sounding 6 cyl with way more tuning potential, and a manual transmission. now if you found a syncro donor, you could even make it 4wd.

cha-ching!

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Buy a manual transmission V6 ranger. Swap the escape body on to the ranger frame. Simple.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fixed for wheelbase : 103 on the escape, 111-122 on ranger

A tacoma with 103.3 would fit ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018