1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade:1997 Honda RS125

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by monkeyfist, Nov 4, 2018.

1. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Well-Known Member

I have a 1997 Honda RS125 with a generous spares package that just isn’t getting any track time these days, so I’m looking to trade it for something that I’ll be able to use more often: an Aprilia SXV550, ideally 2008 or newer (CA emissions approved starting in 2008). Pics probably do more than words, although all of the ones I have are too high-res to post and I don’t have them edited to reduce size at the moment. PM if you’re up for a trade.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Pics, words, location, price... I think you can do better!

3. monkeyfist

Sorry - I didn't have the tools to get the images resized below 1MB when I was posting this originally, so here we go! Bike is located in SoCal, pretty much a standard 1997-spec bike with a few upgrades: Marvic Penta wheels, radial caliper fork lowers from a 2001, powerjet carb harness & ECU. Spares packages includes gaskets, 2 cylinders, 4 heads, most bearings & bolts and a handful of other things that I'm forgetting at the moment. Ideally, I'm just looking for to trade for an Aprilia SXV550 but I could be open to reasonable offers.

Attached Files:

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FYI, those are actually the 2004 and newer radial spec fork lowers with radial master cylinder. It also has a newer spec tank, it has the sculpted out area for your chin bar when tucking.

L8RSK8R and ToofPic like this.
  5. John Branch

John Branch 90125

How much $$$

Crconnor18 likes this.
  6. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

Pm'ed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. monkeyfist

Thanks Rob - you're correct that those are from 2004 forks... My memory was elsewhere when I was writing this morning. I didn't realize that the tank was the newer spec - thanks for the info!

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:beer:
    The forks I was sure were the latest spec, as we had them on one of Tyler's bikes. The tank is newer than what we had on his last bike, which was a 96 or 97, so I'm presuming it is also 04 and later.

Good Luck with your trade or sale.

9. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Looks clean

10. Sullivan

Sullivan Active Member

They didn't run the power jet until 98 as best I am aware. The body work also looks to be 04 as well. I might be wrong. Beautiful bike though

11. monkeyfist

Yep, the powerjet stuff was brought from a newer bike ('99 or '00, if I remember correctly) and now that you mention it, I believe the bodywork, airbox and radiator are A-kit parts with the side-entry air scoop. Thanks for catching that!

12. Sullivan

Sullivan Active Member

Yes you are correct. Do you know if that actually runs an A kit ecu.

13. monkeyfist

No, it's not an A-kit ECU; it's a standard '99 or '00 part. I can pull the exact part number to confirm which ECU when I get home.

14. monkeyfist

15. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Wow
    Very clean GLWS wish I had what you are looking for.

16. monkeyfist

Bump for the holiday weekend. Still interested in trades for an SXV550 but decided I'm open to selling it. Asking $5500 obo.

John Branch likes this.
  17. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

If I could sell a bike I would love to buy. Any interest in a 2012 zx6r or a rare Ed Sealy SMR 630 If you no anyone looking for either I would sell and grab yours
    If not good luck with sale

18. Deckwan

Deckwan Member

pm sent

19. monkeyfist

Sale pending...

20. monkeyfist