1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping advice with Broken Collar bone and ribs...

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Oct 31, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have not had 2 hours of sleep in a row since Thursday night at the GNF... Since my get off in T-4 I cant get any rest.. Slept in a chair the first 4 nights. I slept standing in a corner last night in spurts of minutes... I cant lay on my back, stomach or side and when I sit in a chair my ribs on the left fn kill me. I know its gonna take weeks to heal but do any of you have any tricks you could share other than hookers and blow? I'm in a sling and this damn thing sucks as well.TY...

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Harden up.

I got nothin.

track wagon likes this.
  3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Harden the fuck up

Or drugs ;)

track wagon likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Zero g chair? Just Guessin.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Bugslayer

Too slow......

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Are you taking anything? I don't like to medicate, but I'd be getting some pain meds from my doctor.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Took some Norco after it happened but now I am just taking Ibuprofen... I don't want the Pain Pills...

Killswitch and CMRA 270 like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You either have to suck it up or drug yourself into oblivion. I don't like the drugs so I have always just sucked it up. It can be a lot of suck.

GixxerBlade and TLR67 like this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd go with the drugs.

noles19 and condon66 like this.
  10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

^^^
    This

I broke three or four ribs (can’t remember) and shattered my right clavicle. The only way I could get any rest was on pillows slightly sitting up on the couch. It took a while to find a comfortable position, but once I was there, I didn’t move.

galloway840 likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I cracked a rib 6 weeks ago after a little m/c crash...

[​IMG]

rocalotopus likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I didn't either, but you need the rest to start healing sooner. I did 1/2 doses of percocet, alternated with Ibuprofen.

TLR67 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Lots of pillows to position yourself in the least painful/stressful position and drugs. I don’t like the idea of the drugs but without them you won’t get sleep, and without sleep you won’t heal.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

What's been said. And sleeping sitting up worked for me but getting it of bed still totally sucked ass.

The drugs just take the edge off. Which to sleep.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2018-10-31_9-52-3.jpeg

Inconvenient spots, but hey.

Went from hydrocodone to oxy for my knee, as pain was unbearable, but ice made the biggest difference. Now, no more pills

Gorilla George and TLR67 like this.
  16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I slept/rested in an office chair w/o armrests turned sideways with my good side up against the backrest. Seemed to take some pressure off the ribs. YMMV

TLR67 likes this.
  17. Bugslayer

Drugs for the short term. You can't heal if you don't sleep. Well, you can just not as fast. And lots of pillows stuffed around you propping stuff in the right spot.
    Been there...

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Try benadryl first to help get to sleep if you don't want to go the pain med route. I was able to sleep on my back with a pillow between my sling and chest, and some retraining of my cat not to try and climb up there at night...

Kyle Brosius and Phl218 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Drugs. Recliner.

ToofPic, K51000, Steady T and 4 others like this.
  20. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

I did a chair the last time i did mine. Usually its the best option out there, if you can handle that you need to med up.