1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery-powered heated gloves

Discussion in 'General' started by wiggeywackyo, Oct 24, 2018.

1. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Looking for a pair to commute in sub-freezing temperature here in New England on the Grom. Unfortunately, the stator on the Grom likely won't support any heated accessories. Thoughts and experiences?

I only see one pair of Gerbings that may be discontinued. Any other ones I should look out for?

2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Gerbing used to offer a battery pack that worked with their controllers and regular gear.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You might go with heated glove liners instead. I was looking at some for cycling. It’ll give you more options for the outer layer and different conditions.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I bought these liners last year after I got frost nip on my bicycle ride to work:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HE8UFKK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Very steep price for a tightwad like me, but they are awesome. Three heat levels (low is too low to notice), and the medium is perfect for me. I can get at least two hours of heat on the medium setting, maybe more, but I haven't pushed it longer than that. I wear them under my cold weather gloves when the temperature drops below 40.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Take the car, dummy. :D

deepsxepa likes this.
  6. wiggeywackyo

These look intriguing.

I wonder how they would hold up under my normal road gloves.

110MPG > 14MPG.

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Don't need heated anything on the snowmobiles? I've stopped on on sub-zero temps and just warmed my hands up on an exhaust pipe before though.

8. wiggeywackyo

The controls on a snowmobile are a bit more user-friendly toward someone that's bundled up. Working throttle, clutch and brake with snowboarding gloves is awful. Nevermind the lack of asphalt specific protection.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

They are bulky at the wrist (gauntlet area), so plan for that. The batteries take up a fair bit of space, so you might need one size larger outer glove.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Milwaukee has USB rechargable gloves

12. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Snowbike heated grips will work. Are they the hottest no but they do a decent job at removing some of the chill. They are made for dirt bikes with low power output and they aren’t permanent ( slide over grips) I have a pair on my Z125.

15. wiggeywackyo

S
    Something along these lines? Do heated grips do much for you below, say, 20F?
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/709/46624/AME-Clamp-On-Full-Waffle-MX-Heated-Grips

Nice, that's a good one.

It looks like everything is more or less very bulky so it'd be more like adding heaters to snowboarding gloves rather than heated leather gloves?

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

They have a fairly wide selection if you look around on their site. I don't do much cold riding and most of my heated gear is hunting related. I think I saw a few glove liners and at one point they sold moto specific stuff

17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Excuses.... I've never had any issues.

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  18. tpadden

tpadden Well-Known Member

19. wiggeywackyo

haha. I'm usually the one saying that. You're right. But I don't care.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you want the whole package, eh?
    For dexterity Ive always liked regular old ski gloves for riding in NJ winters. Yes they dont have the abrasion resistance of a leather guantlet but my hands stayed warm and dry.
    Otherwise those Hippo Hands seem to be a good compromise.