1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 GSXR 1000 Yosh Kit ECU - Questions...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gcally, Oct 15, 2018.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Is anyone on here using the Yosh Kit ECU and harness for 2017 GSXR 1000?
    I have one on my bike and have a couple questions.

Does anyone know what the difference is between modes A,B,C?
    With the kit ECU you are not able to adjust modes A,B,C separately. The power difference between the modes is nothing like a stock ECU there is not as much difference in power between the modes but I would like to know what the difference is.

Same question goes for the traction control settings 1-10.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

We had the FTECU which is basically the stock ECU hacked, same tables. 5-10 were useless in TC, the bike slowed down when you opened the throttle. We took 1-5 and split it into ten settings. We never even messed with A-B-C. The bike has good lift and slide controls. Try B and C in wet conditions, this is probably how they are designed.

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I also had the FTECU and the "Race Team Package" but never knew what all the traction control map tables did so I was afraid to play with them.

I was talking to a team that was using the Kit ECU and they said the OEM ECU still applies traction control at a different rate that set for lean angle you are at. For example you might be in traction setting 1 but at certain lean angles it would apply higher traction control than setting 1. With the Yosh ECU it lets you turn on "Custon Setup". With this setup the traction control behavior changed compared to stock ECU and they were able to spin the rear tire and actually find a good balance between spin and hook up. Before switching to Kit ECU they were having issues with bike having to much grip and wheeling way to much. The team also said the power between modes A/B/C is slightly different where the OEM ECU the power between modes is very different. They also said the same thing about traction control settings 1-10.

The Yosh Kit ECU is really different when adjusting the Traction Control. It only gives you ability to adjust spin rate for entire 1-10 settings. It also only gives you a overall percentage to adjust wheelie control.

Attached Files:

4. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You can use the Woolich software to make changes to the FBW tables for A, B and C modes to make them what you want them to be, that's what I did. The standard table for second gear in B was much too soft for the rider I was working with. If I remember correctly it had a maximum throttle opening of 90%. Standard I think all three modes go to 100% in 4th gear up so they all appear the same on the dyno.

5. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Are you using the Yosh Kit ECU with the Woolich software?
    http://www.woolichracing.com/produc...i-gsx-r-1000-em-pro-usb-denso-v3-package.aspx

Just wondering if it is worth the extra $500 to be able to adjust ABC maps. Can you also adjust engine braking maps for ABC?

6. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Yes I use it with the Yosh ECU. I also used the Woolich software to map each cylinder individually, I made some gains from that.

If you are happy with the power delivery in the 3 modes then it is not worth it to change. If you are not happy with power delivery then it's probably worth $500.

7. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I think Woolich is putting way more development into the new GSXR than Flash Tune.

I have a Yosh superbike exhaust on my 2017 aknd it has O2 bung in each header pipe. I could map each cylinder also but man that would take some time for sure.

What about traction control settings. I assume the Woolich software gives you ability to adjust 1-10 separately but is there any kind of manual or help file that shows what each table does? I was totally lost with the Flash Tune traction tables.

My plan would be to change traction setting in Yosh software and write to ECU then bring it up in Woolich and see what changed from base map.

8. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

There are TC tables available in the Woolich software but they are not well defined. The adjustments you make in the EMPro software have no effect on the tables you will find in the Woolich software. My feeling is that the EMPro is adjusting offset tables in the ECU while with Woolich you are adjusting the base mapping.

9. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

That is very interesting....

What about fuel/ignition changes in the Kit ECU? Can you see them reflected in the Woolich base mapping tables.

My only concern is you have to be really careful what you adjust in Woolich vs Yosh software. Most of this is uncharted territory with little to no support.

10. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

No, all the EMpro mapping is an offset to the base.
    Always be careful what you adjust.

11. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

One more question on the FBW tables for A, B and C..... (Thanks for all the Info!!! this will really help me decide if I want to pull the trigger on the Woolich software)

Does the Yosh ECU have an offset table for FBW or is what you see in the Woolich software exactly what is the value is that the Yosh ECU is running. I know the Yosh Software does not have ability to adjust FBW.
    Basically asking when you open the Yosh Bin file do you see (yosh ecu values) in the Woolich FBW tables or Stock ECU values.

If that is the case $500 would be totally worth it to modify FBW tables for Yosh ECU.

12. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You will see the FBW tables that are in the Yosh ECU.

13. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

You guys have some TC tables for Woolich software? I am struggling with the TC settings. Basically not much feel below TC 6. but over TC6 the bike slows down too much according to my rider. If Someone would share a developed Woolich TC base map, it would be great!.
    Thanks.