1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No matter how badly you screw up at work

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 15, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Spies Yamaha crew...

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

It needs to be made very clear, here and now in this thread, that iron eagle was bad ass. Everyone who thinks it sucks must ride a gixxer.

3. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I think you mean Black Sheep Squadron

Scotty87 and Funkm05 like this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Used to LOVE watching this with my old man when I was growing up. To this day, some of my favorite planes at EAA every year.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You didn't like the plane vs bike race at the beginning with Knotcher on his XR500.

*check Youtube thread* :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Childs play. I stopped a whole car assembly plant once. Well, more then once. Wasn't my fault though. Well, yes it was. I don't want to talk about it.

cav115 likes this.
  7. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Some days are better than others...
    DSC_0007.JPG B1oops22.jpg

Murcielago311 likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess we now know why you "retired".

9. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

There's a physical tool you use in the M61A1 to prevent it from firing- Should have been in place once the plane was on the ground i'd think, I worked on the version used on CIWS on Navy warships...

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol. They hated me. And I hated them. I made them WADS of money. In return they paid me good. But Jesus there were some fuckups for 24 years. Some of them mine, some of them theirs.

It was a wash.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wrong em effer...the F-15 was 10 times more bad ass than that sucky ass plane! :mad:

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

CWIS is a bad ass gun....F16 has same gun?

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Pffft, if you fly the eagle, then you’re flying all show. And if you fly a mudhen, then you can’t fly it alone. About the only thing the flying tennis court has is plenty of fuel and a big radar.

:D :D :D

The M61-A1 is used in the Viper, Eagle and Hornet. Ammo drums and the way everything is arranged vary, but the gun itself is the same.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What is a Viper?

kevinr likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fancy AF talk for an F16.

17. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

There are so many things wrong with this incident it's beyond stupid. Aircraft safe for maintenance was not done, jet was not prepped for hanger entry (ammo downloaded), holdback tool not installed on gun, safing pin not installed, firing lead not disconnected, the list goes on and on. There will be much more to this story. As a former weapons troop that has actually performed this functional check on F-16s...there is just no way you can accidentally fire the gun. Way too many safe guards in place...but you can never have a safety for a complete and utter moron. Will be interesting to hear the details...gotta be some reason the jet was configured that way.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Different barrels are used in different applications...but the gun itself is the same, all the rest is very different to fit each application. All function the same...they spit out rounds at a very fast rate.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I know it’s technologically inferior, but I’m a warthog fan...

cBJr, stk0308 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  20. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Yep, different barrels on the newer surface capable mounts. Also, A/C fire at a higher rate than guns on CIWS. Gun is M61A1...