1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motus Gone

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I agree with you on this one. I can see Suzuki gone in 7 years.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Y’all just trying to make Toe never come to the BBS again??

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

$30k and barebones. No ABS, no TC, no selectable mapping modes, quickshift, not even heated grips. All things which are fairly standard for a touring motorcycle in that price range.

Still, they are kinda nice. But even at $20k it couldn't compete against another touring bike which seemed to be the target. I think they should have shoved it in a chopper frame and marketed it to the Harley type crowd. As a touring bike no way it could match up to the other offerings in that class.

If I was reesh I'd buy all the remaining engines and contract Britt to build the frames. :D Truck them bad boys to all the rallies next summer and profit. I think it would make a badass custom with that powerplant.

4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

The engine alone was $10k. Developed by KaTech. Supposed to be 3 different displacements, not sure where that went. It sweet but expensive. Buddy was going to drop one in his Caterham S7 kit until he saw the price.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Tech has absolutely nothing to do with it. Your making new molds, new machinery, new raw stock supply contracts, new blueprints, repair manuals etc. Go ahead, cut a small block in half and start producing complete engines, see how much that runs ya.

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Odds are that Hyundai is more "American Made" than any of the big 3. Obviously corporate profits go elsewhere, but there was a point a few years back (may still be the case) that a Honda truck and Hyundai car were the two most "American made" vehicles you could own.

Edit: 2018 has a number of Hondas but no Hyundai...I may be misremembering how much was done at that Alabama plant unless something big has changed.

stk0308 and busa99 like this.
  7. No because there’s still some winning in vintage races :)

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

And they can use current models under the "of like type" clause in the rulebook......:)