1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike selling anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by noeyes, Oct 9, 2018.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I've got an '87 GSXR 750 that's in extremely good condition. Rode it down to the Barber Vintage Festival last Saturday. was parking it and literally before I got my helmet off a guy was looking at it and wanted to know if I wanted to sell it. Told him I had thought about a little, but wasn't really ready. We exchanged numbers.

Well, he just called and offered me $6K for it which I think is an extremely good price.

Now I don't know what to do. I've know this bike since it rolled off the showroom floor. Its been sold back and forth a couple of times in my inner circle of 5 friends.

2. Don’t.

LisaU likes this.
  3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

DO NOT.

LisaU likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

NO!!!!!!

5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

With that much history for you, oh can’t sell it out of your circle.

LisaU likes this.
  6. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

This is when I got it out of 20 year hibernation a couple of years ago. Can still see the dust on it. She's much cleaner now.

750Gixxer004.JPG

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hell.......send him to the link for the one for sale here on this forum.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

"I'm really happy I sold this awesome pristine vintage GSX-R" - said nobody, ever.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Unless you really need the cash, don’t. Especially since you still ride it. I only sold all my FZRs when I stopped riding them. And, them sitting all the time wasn’t the best for them.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

$6500?....address please?

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if hes offering 6...he'll go to 8! :D
    I guess what Im saying is I love vintage bikes but sometimes its liberating to let em go.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’ll give you $6500 and pick it up this weekend. Honestly I would buy it and flip it for $10’000 if it’s nice.

Those are getting hard to find.

The stocker the better.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I got rid of a 94 900RR that I had way less of an emotional connection and I'm still pissed.

Just don't do it.

15. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Don'tdo it. You will regret it.
    I sold a 88 Yamaha FZR750RU a long time ago... I still hate myself for letting it go. And still surf the net hoping to find it.
    I am picking up a 87 FZR750R that has never been titled here in the next few days.
    Guy is also going to be selling a GSXR LTD too.

britx303 likes this.
  16. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Another don’t.

17. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna sit on it for now. I told him it might be a year before I would be ready. He said call him when I was. I do ride it, but not much. 100 miles on it beats me up pretty good.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

NO FREAKING WAY!

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why would you sell it?

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'f you have a doubt in your mind, which bye the thread you do, if don't need the money don't sell it