1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets' see some your bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Jan 13, 2011.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My CBR1000RR is, technically, an RC59. Can I play?
    (I say that cuz, ordering parts from Europe, it's identified as such...and parts is technical. :D)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. John Branch

John Branch 90125

How much$

3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Is it the carbon Kevlar?

4. RC4G

RC4G Active Member

Sparky is the pearl white 987 VFR700F2. Complete a full restoration on it a couple years ago and the 3rd time I took it out the rectifier slagged the harness wich beacuse it was right next to the electric fuel pump literally caught my arse on fire. I've since got it running again but OEM bodywork and decals have been unobtanium for more than 15 years. I sourced some panels but of course, the OEM paint codes don't exist from any supplier and its a mutli stage pearl that is difficult to match, reaquiring a total bike respray if I want it top quality. Now add that the OEM decals don't exist and no one produces real replacements

5. RC4G

RC4G Active Member

It is the actual spare Durbahn tail that shipped with Bill's bike. Yes, it's carbon kevlar. It was in a box of stuff that Alicia gave to me after Bill died along with his Vanson leathers and custom helmets. IMG_1172.JPG IMG_1174.JPG IMG_1175.JPG IMG_1176.JPG

6. RC4G

RC4G Active Member

CBR1000RR's are actually VIN designated SC59's not RC59's. Previous gens were designated SC57.

All honda's greater than 799cc displacement get a SC designation I think the last gen VFR1200 is the only exception because it was originally derived from a sub-800cc model.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm prolly mistaken...I haven't ordered anything in a while.

8. John Branch

John Branch 90125

So Gordon you going to the harvest classic this year? If so see if you can bring the tail section with you?

9. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

my RC30 resto-mod.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vizsladog, scottn, Newyork and 15 others like this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That is beautiful....probably my favorite bike....congrats.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Beautifully done!

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Nice tail, you def need that Branch!!!

13. John Branch

John Branch 90125

14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

You....All....Suck..... (just kidding....just jealous...:D)

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I definitely like the first tail unit better that the Tyga RCV style one in the second picture.

trussdude likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I present to you the $600 Ducati. After some liberal use of Honda polish she cleaned up rather well with little effort. No, it doesn't run (it was only $600!) but the PO said it could be as simple as a faulty wire. He just didn't want to screw with it. If nothing else, I can sit on it and make motorcycle noises:D

[​IMG]

scottn, Spang308, Sabre699 and 5 others like this.
  17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

My Yamaha track team.

Attached Files:

Ra.Ge. Raptor and cha0s#242 like this.
  18. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Took a ride to the Oregon coast weekend and this 1947 45ci WL followed me home. Came with a cool story of being rebuilt then sitting as a display in New Orleans. Took it for a fairly long ride, man foot clutch, hand shift, hand spark advance takes some concentration. The most fun I have had at 50 mph in my life. The amazing part was just how functional these bikes are, it felt like it would run all day.

Attached Files:

CharlieY, MachineR1, Scotty87 and 7 others like this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It would be really cool if it was just a bare wire came apart.....still, you got a deal.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

43490668_1834535519949627_6767076361916907520_o.jpeg
    Attached is the rendering by Kar Designs UK.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018