1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China Chip Defense server hack

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Phl218, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I think there is some very familiar names involved with this and not chinese ones. also think this is why they got ride of BIOS and went to EFI(UEFI). total control. you should see the baseball sized sats in place, space wars stuff.

ETA: also think this may be how most of the 'leaks' are occurring lately.

they have access to eveything.. but blame russia or china

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

4. Black89

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Zing.

No wonder unnamed officials in many western countries have been hesitant to allow Chinese companies to participate in infrastructure building projects. But this is even sneakier, and many years old too. I genuinely can't imagine what they could be up to in the here and now, it seems to have gone beyond realms of sci fi.

6. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm surprised it took this long. Would have expected this 10 yrs ago

8. Black89

I don't really give a shit I'm just posting more info I ran across with a quick search.

All of our data is being sold back and forth to all kinds of companies anyway. Every app you use, website, carrier, internet provider, and who knows what else sell everything they can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Yeah cool, to clarify my end, theirs and Apple's public position and response on the matter are as expected. Waiting now for the Chinese response of unfounded persecution, China is great etc.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This is what has happened to be known widely enough to become news. This is not the first or worst.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Anybody in the industry that didn't expect this or already know about it is delusional.

beac83, sdiver and terminus est like this.
  12. I’m in “the industry,” and that article is mostly rumors and speculative BS.

This thread belongs in the Dungeon, along with the rest of the speculative BS.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Maybe some individual facts but directionally correct. If you are truly in the industry, you know about back doors and state actors in industrial espionage. China, US, Russia, Japan, Koreas, Israel, Iran...heck probably even the Vatican has a team.

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

'the industry' is highly compartmentalized. we also live in a time where corporations have more power than nations. the state has little to do with these things anymore except as a cloak.

15. Knotcher

Negative. Some states have a lot of sway.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I’ve been following this story since it came out. I don’t think one motherboard has shown up yet that has this vulnerability.

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

verify their status on Dunn & Bradstreet. we aint in Kansas anymore.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

on another note, does anybody else have issue with their eyes when a website uses white text on black background? I really want to read this but it jacks up my old ass eyes.

19. Knotcher

Whatever Dun and Bradstreet have to say is interesting, but I am telling you firsthand that there a a number of nations that have considerable influence.

20. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous