Pirelli sponsorship for Novice class

Discussion in 'General' started by NastyHabit, Apr 13, 2004.

1. NastyHabit

NastyHabit Active Member

2. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

As per Pirelli's M.O. we still don't know shit about this program and it apparently has already started. :clap: :rolleyes:

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This is a program to get racers into a spec tire class and make racing a bit more affordable. Good idea and good intentions but we'll see how it works.

The only spec tire class I'm aware of that actually worked really well was the old GLRRA series w/Pirelli.

That was as much Mooses doing as it was Eric's and the tires were substantially subsidized. Good program though...

4. NastyHabit

NastyHabit Active Member

tires

I plan on trying a set this weekend to see the response they have. did a little more research on them on the pirellimoto site and i am a little leary about race performance. i will post my experience here for anyone interested.

Great program for tight budget but is it worth trade off in performance??? we will see.

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I think you'll be pleasantly suprised with the Corsas. I've used them twice so far this year, once on a cold day and once on a hot day. They definitely have plenty of grip and give great feedback and last a lot longer than a Supercorsa. :up:

They don't gain as much hot pressure as race tires so start out running 32 psi front and 32 psi rear and keep an eye on how much you gain. I was gaining 2-3 psi hot pressure which puts them right in the optimum operating range of 34-36 psi hot.

6. NastyHabit

NastyHabit Active Member

thanks

I will definitely keep that in mind. thanks for the advice.