1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

just watched the SBK races at Barber on bien boob toob (unlisted video from moto america link)
    Herrin was wagging his tail like a mo fo... sad to see 95 gone but happy to see all the support on pit lane last lap

ajcjr likes this.
  2. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

The largest reason we were so far behind in the tire was because while testing before Elkhart Mathew crashed at a test and broke his foot.
    We lost a full day of testing before The Elkhart event. You can’t imagine how much testing you get in a full day ? In one day at the tire test this week our Crew Chief and Mat had made the electronics better in one day then they had all season. Never under estimate the power of a well oiled team in one day or the loss of a day when dailing in a Superbike that wins races. It sucked, everywhere we went we were a day behind.

3. Shhhh.

It wasn’t much but y’all are great folks with good values. Funny how you can offer to help someone on on the bbs without ever meeting them in person just by the way they act.

r6boater likes this.
  4. A well thought out test plan can accomplish ungodly amounts of useful data.

5. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

The attack Bike ( without yamaha money) was right there all year. Meaning. Yosh is looking for more foreigners to ride their bikes. Josh Herrin can win the races, if he's on the right bike. But Cam is the true class act. Along with Josh Herrin. I see the them putting it to Alias again next year. If Josh gets a faster bike he will beat alias or whoever is on the yosh bike . I don't see a Kawasaki being that fast bike we are talking about

6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I hope this series grows to what it once was.

zrx12man likes this.
  7. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Me too, brother. So much.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Maybe Elias should rename himself Alias. That way, no one would know who he is.

9. :stupid:

That is a badass and very fast bike.

lonewrench likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll never be the same with riders earning millions but it is absolutely getting better and will continue to do so.

stk0308, Gonzo523, Dragginass and 5 others like this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Sadly just about the time it gets back on it's feet the next recession will hit. Probably late 2019 to 2020

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rider salaries will of course vary with recessions and such but the series health as a whole should be fine if people don't play dumb games like they did last time. The money was far from the only issue with AMA Pro's downslide.

lonewrench and Steeltoe like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I feel bad for France having his name associated with that mess. He had the wrong people.

But they seem to be killing it in dirt track. That is being run infinitely better than before they got it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

France personally chose the wrong people. He did so after evidently having issues in other series, he definitely did so after they blew through a ton of his money on another entire series of motorcycle racing. No sympathy. Dirt track is much easier to promote than roadracing and it's really good to see them making it better.

lonewrench likes this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Come on now, that pace car and rolling starts were pure genius. Frankly, I’m stunned that you didn’t adopt them. You must not be too serious about destroying road racing otherwise you’d still be using them today :beer:

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It was kinda neat to see Roger E come on here and try to make us believe that he wasn't totally fucking things up.

deepsxepa, AC1108 and 418 like this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Right?

Like that time they just pulled the pace car out in the middle of T2 at Laguna Seca

18. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

or that time they sent it out at Rd. Atl. after a bike oiled down T5. as the bikes are catching the pacecar @T5, the driver is off line and pointing them to go by him but the oil is on the line and hes pointing them into it!

it was crazy beyond belief I dont know how they did it without crashing. had one crashed they would have went right into the side of the car or worse. was corner working and was standing right there at the apex of T5 motioning them to go outside. (until the pace car came though preventing it) Ive been down in way less oil myself.

blew me away and I let it be known on the radio and a the next mornings meeting to DMG officials. Ive seen some pretty F'd up stuff happen with race control over the years but that deal was one of the worst ever.

19. Ok, so after 16 pages about who/what is a “Pro”, the DMG days, budgets, dirty bike riding, and all kinds of other shit, do we have any real information about who will be riding what and where next season?

Steeltoe and turbulence like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be on two 21 year Old TLR’s again! And my GSXR will hit its 10th Birthday!AhRMA, WERA, SVRA ... Did you even make it to the track this year Chris? I never saw you once!