1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Man I am out of the loop. Who is RBOM?

stk0308 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Secret.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Roast Beef Only Mayo?

4. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Robby Bobby of the Mclendon Family but thats only if he doesnt get the Yosh ride.

turner38 likes this.
  5. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

if u are a local, sure. but its almost double if u need to add gas, flights, and hotels to do rounds on the other side of the country. Im in CA and spent ~$5000 for Barber, including flying in only 1 crew and paying for their room and food. someone from AL trying to run Sonoma would run about the same.[/QUOTE]
    Good point! We were able to do 5 rounds this year, Rd Atlanta, VIR, Rd America, Pitt and Barber. All tracks we can drive to in a day. Hope to be able to do the west coast some day if our funds and logistical support increase.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As they say, how do you make a million dollars in racing....start with 2 million.

track wagon, G 97 and Pitdad42 like this.
  7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

More people should pay attention to this post......

noles19 and rcarson15 like this.
  8. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

That includes traveling and everything, costs me more a round to race scca spec racer ford

9. Pitdad42

That doesn't count the payments on the truck, toy hauler or insurance.

ajcjr likes this.
  10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Elias? :Poke:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bayliss.

12. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I heard the same with Rog taking the lead rider role on the team.

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Or, literally, everything else like building a competitive motorcycle, to say the least.

I would LOVE IT if one of the qualifications to get a "pro" license was to win X amount of qualifying club races on like equipment. Or, even better, a championship.

Instead the pro races are cannibalizing the club ranks which may work for now, but will mean that, eventually, winter is coming.

JJJerry, ekraft84 and 5axis like this.
  14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Spies Please. Dont really care what color he is on.

rcarson15, cpekz and turbulence like this.
  15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if I had the $$ to race MA and WERA at the same time, I would. I felt kinda bad only doing 1 WERA event this year. I don't even have a license right now. but things just didnt work out. id have done 3-4 club races this year if it weren't for technical problems, crashes/injuries, and some things about the schedule. but I could fight for the C & B titles and can regularly win, so id probably pass your hypothetical qualification.

Andrew Lee is doing everything the right way. IIRC hes at 3 titles in a row - AFM, CVMA, and MA STK1000. thats a lot of quality riding and it shows. of course, no one would complain if he skipped club and only raced MA.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Based on what you just posted, you're a prime candidate for racing club races.

Andrew Lee's options for next season (and I'll fully disclose that I know absolutely nothing about him aside from the results) include him paying for his own racing again. There are no more rides.

The bench racing part of your post only holds weight if you do the thing. And please understand I'm not cutting down your efforts. My only intention is to see club racing get theirs and pro racing get better as a result.

rk97 and zrx12man like this.
  17. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

And I'm the cook.

18. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

THIS

19. Pitdad42

Your gonna spend that money whether you race club or pro.
    You must like watching pro races with 10 bikes in it. Lol

Gino230 and rcarson15 like this.
  20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I'd rather watch 10 fast guys racing than a bunch of club-level filler. If you're paying to be there, you're not a professional.