1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time GNF/Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Sep 25, 2018.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

After being unable to for the last couple years, I'm trying to make it to Barber for the GNF. With both of our work schedules, the timing is a little tight and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything stupid. Novice racer who ran at Pittsburgh this year in CSS, CSB, and BSS. Current plan is as such:

• Drive down Wednesday evening and Thursday to set up at the track Thursday night.
    • Practice Friday morning and race all three classes, CSS, CSB, and BSS.
    • Practice Saturday morning and race 600SS and 600SB.
    • Miss the 750 race on Sunday and be on the road home. :(
    Am I missing anything obvious here? Pretty sure I can run Saturday and Sunday since I completed a round this season.

Any other tips about the GNF or Barber are appreciated as well. Not sure if they have garages or not, but I'm assuming power is already sold out or first come first serve (same thing for me given my arrival time).

Thanks!

rcarson15 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Offer to wash the WERA motorhome?
    Bring Mongo pie?
    The list is endless

3. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

No garages, power goes quickly and is expensive.

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

How do we sign up for the AMA Races?

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Online....

6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Not listed on WERA Registration... is there somewhere else?

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

See other Thread,,, I just signed up for A last year... Need to go back and check....

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A Superstock is what I signed up for when I ran it....

9. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Yeah, realized after I posted this thread that someone was already ahead of me in the "new riders" section.

Might need to reach out to a buddy to see if I can borrow a generator then...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sort of - it was still in the AMA event which isn't open yet. Entering A in the Sportsman event will put you in the Sportsman class.

11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Didn't see "AMA" next to them, but races 3 and 8 on Saturday are "normal" races, correct? I only see (National) next to the 600 SS race that day and not the 600 SB race.

Doing my best to not overthink this, but I think I'm failing :Poke:I guess I'm just looking to make sure this back of the pack novice isn't getting into races that I shouldn't be.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're over and under thinking it. Sportsman races are letters. Nationals are numbers. AMA RRGC all have AMA as part of the name. I'll be removing the nation after 600ss and changing the pro 600 sb name to just 600 sb expert at some point, that was a quick schedule once I had the dates for each class sorted so you guys could plan.

mpusch likes this.
  13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Got it, thank you.