Let’s talk touring bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Shit.

:D

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Broome...got a pic of the multi with bags?

3. I picked up a Moto Guzzi Norge last year and I love the bike, extremely comfortable with great handling. Just finished performing the 6,000 miles service, it does not get much simpler to work on, valve adjustment can be done in 20 minutes no problem, fork fluid, engine oil, transmission and rear drive fluids are easy and quick to change. Electronics are at a minimum with ABS only, but I have ridden for over 30 years without them so no big deal to me. I like a simple, air cooled twin that is easy and inexpensive to maintain, and the Guzzi fits the bill just fine, 52 mpg at 80 mph is not bad either!

cBJr and panthercity like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

turbulence likes this.
  5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Which pocket? Asking for a friend.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Something about the Multi that is different than a lot of the “regular” Sport Touring bikes (Sprint, FJ, Concourse, K1200, etc) is its height.

Because it is built like an Enduro/Adventure bike, it is very tall. Even at 6’2”, it’s easier for me to step on the footpeg and use it to climb on/off. With the tail pack on, it is mandatory.

When going down the road, I can see right over the top of all cars and most midsize SUVs and minivans.

Personally, I like it. I like the vision it gives me, plus the legroom. But it is something that shorter people should keep in mind.

SnacktimeKC, panthercity and bwhip like this.
  7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

8. Nothing yet. It’s all built in. It isn’t like the fender just bolts on by itself. I dunno how to get rid of it.

I’ll have to wait till the affamarket errythang market catches up with the 1260. :(

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fucking happenin'. Badazz all the way around. :clap:

Tank bag soon?

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[​IMG]

His wishes it looked like the far one :D

11. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Or better still... ;)

[​IMG]

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, hard tail case is better for bottled beer :D

panthercity and bwhip like this.
  13. skee

skee # 358

cBJr...unfortunately they don't make the 1190 anymore, from your knowledge of being on a KTM do you think the 1090R is an adequate replacement for the 1190??

14. Thanks Dan. :beer:

Not if I can help it. I usually use tank bags, but the Duc tank isn’t magnetic, and I don’t like those big ones that mount to the gas cap.

So as long as I can manage, I’ll just use the bags and a tail pack.

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Not as cool as the ocean, but I took this picture this afternoon. This is only about 15min from my house.

upload_2018-9-21_20-2-38.jpeg

16. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

It'll run out of gas first. :D

17. I just now realized the top case actually bolts to the back of the back seat, and doesn’t actually take up the seat.

And it actually works like a backrest. Vosnick mentioned that in a text, but I didn’t quite get it till I saw that picture.

Wellillbedamned. I bet Lovette would like that.

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lol aftermarket.

this version of the multi has been out for almost 4 years now. i’m pretty sure no one cares enough about us to make any kind of fender eliminator.