1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

holy shit! lol

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are certainly welcome to come join the merry band of retards. I hope they let me back in this winter.

3. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

My wife says I have a problem :crackup:
    Should be just about finished. Maybe add some shakers at some point.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Looks to me like there is no problem.

5. nsouza707

I don't land on my face like I traditionally do with bikes so there's that.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have a Butt Kicker w/amp I was going to eventually put up for sale, I'll make you a killer deal if you want it.

PM your phone number to me or Kenny (Venom51) and we can include you on the often overused, mostly offensive, sometimes useful iRacing group chat that we rarely use for iRacing (it's mostly to make fun of Fraley anyway).

7. 600 dbl are

My iRating is tanking, we can be friends again :D

I was wrecked out of a skippy race and an LMP1 race, then something happened when I was running 3rd in a skippy race and iRacing tells me I exited pit lane improperly and needed to serve a penalty. I was never in the pits :confused:

8. nsouza707

Overused and mostly offensive sounds right up my alley :beer: Sent you a PM

9. nsouza707

That Le Mans series is a fucking mess! I usually race IMSA in the GTE cars.

10. 600 dbl are

It's been pretty good to me. Interlagos is a tough track to make clean passes on. I try not to force a pass on the GTE or P2 cars, but sometimes you have to. Road America should prove to be easier to pass on. Turning 1:44.2's there right now, trying to dip into the 43's with the fast fuckers while the super fast fuckers are pulling mid 42's.

11. nsouza707

What is your iRating?

12. 600 dbl are

It's in the low 1900's now but a week ago it was over 2100. The running joke is Kenny is the fastest in our group but holds around a 1400 iRating. I keep telling him every time I bounce over 2000 that I can't be friends with a sub 2000 racer. For the past couple of weeks it been a "we can be friends/we can't be friends" relationship.

code3ryder likes this.
  13. nsouza707

I'll probably toss up a session for Petit Le Mans practice tonight if any of you care to join.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

No, you were not flashing.

15. code3ryder

Thanks Gary. I went and checked out Leblond's stream to see what happened to him. He blamed the guy that punted him for ruining his steering. Didn't look like it to me. He lost it in front of me and tapped the wall. I didn't see any flashing there either. I was worried I was having connection issues.

Didn't get on until late but I got some laps in at Motegi. 1:35.4 (88 degree track). Only 1.6 off the VRS time. Not sure where I can make that up. It'll be more luck than anything. That 4/5 flip flop is just feeling. Nice when you get it right.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I always run the connection data when racing.
    I looked at everyone's Ping before the race started.My was 66 yours was 99

17. nsouza707

Typically T1 and the final sector is where most people lose time.

code3ryder likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

East config.

Shawn, I had to call it an early night and I didn't see your text until this morning, sorry about that.

Turns 2-5 are paramount. Hit it wrong and you will lose a half a second (at least). It's better to go into 3 slower so you can set up the drive for 4 and 5.

The hair pin turn 6 before you go under the bridge is tricky, as a bad drive out will lose some time because of the full throttle to the next set of chicanes. I've tried both corner speed and point and shoot approach and I cannot find a "lap time" advantage to either. Racing will be a different story.

The final left hander should be taken in second gear. I've experimented coming off the corner in both first and second gear and second gear always gets the better drive. Not sure why, it just does.

code3ryder likes this.
  19. code3ryder

No worries at all. Didn't think I was going to get on. Put in half hour or so and am comfy with the course. Like you said, we'll see come race time. Looking forward to it.

20. code3ryder

Well, that wasn't a bad start to the season. Hope that I can get better and keep up with you guys to do some battling.