1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fenati isnt done.. yet

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Only a 5 finger death punch could have been more heinous

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Make him come to each race for the rest of the season and publicly apologize over the PA and on TV before each race.. then make him sit in a "boo-boo-box" all race and think about what hes done. If he can put up with that for the remaining rounds while not racing I'd give him another shot. And if he so much as farts while on the grid hes gone for life.... and that will hold the rest of his career. If hes back and races 10 years clean and so much as looks at another rider wrong hes still gone.

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If they let him back then its a sign to other riders that everything goes. Might as well rename it the "road rash video game" series.

Cooper#346 likes this.
  4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nope, he's done from an on track standpoint IMO. There's a line of sportsmanship that was crossed. This isn't like running somebody out wide on corner exit because you're racing for position, it's not jamming it up the inside and creating a hole where there wasn't one either. Nor is it kicking or punching somebody in the gravel trap after being taken out. He intentionally grabbed another riders front brake at speed to send him a message. His words. The consequences from that action should be as severe as possible.

This is like the McSorley/Brashear incident. Ultimately McSorley never played another NHL game again. With good reason. GTFOH and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

IMO Feneti is done throwing a leg over a motorcycle in a racing role. Maybe he can continue his career in a test rider role, or rider coach, team manager position etc. But racing days are over. This was a career defining moment.

ZimZam likes this.
  5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

He should never race again. He's only shit lucky something really bad didn't happen. Honestly if he did that to me I'd have trouble being within sight of him and not attacking the fuckwad be it one week later or one year.

ToofPic and Knotcher like this.
  6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

If he was a kid that'd be one thing. He's a grown-ass man.

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

in denial, admittedly, apparently.

you have to be pretty f'd up to even think of doing that IMO.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They'll send him to a bunch of shrinks, they'll get him a publicist who'll hollyweird him, he'll make another public apology including visits to the talk shows and Dorna/ FIM/ CIV will make a spot for him on the grid.

He'll be racing in the motogp class in 4 years.

9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

and Hopper will be the next MotoGP champ! lol

10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Per MotoGP.com, they revoked his license for 2018, but can be reapplied for in 2019 following conditions set by the FIM

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Hey hey
    Goodbye!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I guess this belongs here.

[​IMG]

pfhenry likes this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

He will be back. IMO, his suspension stands the rest of this year with a long probationary period next year

14. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are they not running brake guards?

I seem to remember Josh Herrin and Dane Wesby getting together, which could have been REALLY bad.

Same goes for John Kocinski at Road America in 2000.

I thought those were to help prevent that. Would be pretty hard to reach over with those.

15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

He let his emotions determine his course.
    I don’t think that he THOUGHT about it at all. To me, that is the problem...

16. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

They are on there. Maybe blurred in the blown-up screenshot, but if you watch the video, they are pretty obviously there.

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I often dont have to think about pulling my own brake lever but pulling another mans brake lever would take some thought.

if he didnt think about that, then he is a natural (killer) who should definately not get a second chance.

18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

fixed :D

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Whats Dorna gonna do when this fruit loop finally hurts someone for real? Hire Bill Cosby to council him ? :rolleyes:
    You just don't do that EVER! What happens the next time the red mist hits him?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

sounds like he's coming back. Moto3 or even moto2. :crackup: