1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've never been able to get a clean race there. I'm assuming your X's were to to contact ?
    Are you racing tonight with PRL ?

code3ryder likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

The only thing an A license opened up was the single F1 series. Other than seeing the pretty blue label on you license, it matters none.

It also sucks having an irating at the 2000 threshold, as you get lumped in with the 5-6K guys in split 1 all the time. While it's fun and challenging trying to hang with those guys, it would be nice to win a race from time to time :crackup:

code3ryder likes this.
  3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

So youre the Lance Stroll of iracing at the moment. Minus the billions of dollars.

vfrket and code3ryder like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

Minus the money, looks, skill and hot women.

code3ryder likes this.
  5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Ya, I punted a guy at Acque Minerali. He threw on some extra brakes mid exit and I got into the back of him. Then I had a guy make a stupid pass and knocked my front a bit. The rest were random wheel dips (usually at Rivazza). I had no laps before the race, none. Not the best way to go. It was a bit loose but I was still able to run decently. I'm racing tonight. I was going to bail on the Tuesday series but I think I can do them. The Thursday races are going to be dicey.

G Dawg likes this.
  6. code3ryder

whelp...done with Tuesday series. Driving around hoping for a top 20 and nobody to chat with. Not worth the effort.

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Thats what i was afraid of when people started bailing.

code3ryder likes this.
  8. 600 dbl are

If I can't be competitive, I want to have fun racing. Every race last season turned into a hot lap contest after five laps. I rarely raced anyone.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I got screwed by whoever parked the back of the pack in T1. You went wide, I took the inside line and got stuck behind someone slower than me :)
    Then that fucking Takeshi Kita was dive bombing me in places that were next to impossible to pass. Trying to get a gap on him I slid through T11.
    Hugo got by and I had to drive my ass off the get back to him. Passed him before the bus stop and left him. Couple of more off tracks and I was racing just to stay ahead of Hugo.

code3ryder likes this.
  10. code3ryder

Ya pretty much. I also didn't spend any time setting up the car. I felt like it was pretty good but I think it's one of those things where if you change the right setting, you can gain .5 to 1 second a lap. Just don't have the time to find that. Car was stable and I was under 3 seconds a lap slower than the fast guys, so that's an improvement. All good. I'll try and get some laps in for Motegi (still haven't turned 1).

11. 600 dbl are

With the GTE's i felt like I was racing against the car and track instead of other people. With the Skippy I am racing other people and there is next to no set up. I've ran the same set up since Zolder from last season at every round, haven't changed a thing.

Motegi is easy once you have turns 2-5 down. I'm hosting a practice session tomorrow starting at 7PM EST. If you can make it on, let me know what time and I will jump on and help you out.

code3ryder likes this.
  12. 600 dbl are

On a side note, I figured out how to get better resolution through the Oculus, but it is taxing on the system. I need to research a little more to make sure I'm not screwing up the video card or over heating the system by making the changes. I'll let you know what I find out and I will be able to walk you through the process. If my dumbass can figure it out you know it's not hard.

code3ryder likes this.
  13. code3ryder

I didn't even bother to go back and look at that mess in 1. Did you see if I was flashing? I saw a lot of flashing, like everyone at once, so I guess that was me. There was a dude who crashed and was limping to the finish. I was chasing Dany and then in the 2nd to last corner this dude shows up out of nowhere. I went back and looked at that and he disappeared 2 corners earlier. Connection wise, it was a weird night. Also my Crew Chief kept telling me I was in 18th after my pit stop and it never corrected until the end. The standings shows 23 but not CC. Weird.

14. code3ryder

I like the Skippy. I did the week 12 races and Zandvoort and even won a couple (including a 2nd split). Did a race at Laguna and was meh. But, that was after the update and I haven't driven since they unupdated it. Edit: Also I've only done Motegi in MotoGP lol

600 dbl are likes this.
  15. code3ryder

Does your computer smell like a bbq? :crackup:

600 dbl are likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

:crackup: Not yet.

I talked to a buddy of mine who builds his own computers and told him that the performance headroom was really low when I bumped up the settings. He stated that the CPU is probably being throttled because it's over working. He said it wouldn't hurt the system but if I bought a better CPU cooler it would help limit the throttling, so I ordered this bad boy https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=13C-000X-00037

code3ryder likes this.
  17. code3ryder

Which cpu are you running? I bought a better than OEM cooler when I built my rig. I haven't checked to see what it's running at. looking forward to trying it out when you get it sorted.

18. 600 dbl are

I think its an I7 7700? I'll have to check when I get home.

19. code3ryder

I'm on 6700 so pretty similar

20. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Funny seeing some of you on here. I had been riding dirt for a few years and was missing a little road action. My buddy got me into iRacing a couple years ago and I was hooked. Gave me a little taste of the track from home. I mostly race the IMSA series and do endurance races with my team. About to start getting ready for Petit Le Mans.

Computer: i5 6600k overclocked to 4.27, GTX970 (really punishing me lately with all the new updates), 16gb ram, 500gb SSD.

Rig: Sim-Lab P1, SimuCUBE OSW DD wheel, Heusinkveld Pro pedals, triple 27" 1080p monitors on a Sim-Lab stand.

[​IMG]