1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Tries New Tack on Gun Violence: Ammunition Control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

"Gun control advocates here have pushed to limit internet sales, ban large-capacity magazines, require sellers to have licenses, raise taxes on bullets, and mandate serial numbers or other traceable markings on ammunition so that the police can more easily track them. Such regulations, several of which have been enacted and take effect this year and next, are inspired by the view that the best way to limit gun violence is to approach it as a “bullet control” problem. As Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a Democrat from New York, told the Senate 25 years ago, when he introduced legislation that would have imposed a 10,000-percent tax on hollow-tip ammunition, “guns don’t kill people; bullets do.”

There they go again. It's like banning gasoline for cars. Because people get killed by them. Never ceases to amaze me how these Libtards think.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

They have zero idea how easy it is to make your own ammunition.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Until the ban that too. We ARE talking CA.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm guessin' ball bearings and WristRocket slingshots are already banned?

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

is there some new revelation or is the OP just now realizing that this law was passed last year? did it take a while for your outrage to set in? do you live in Cali :)D) and vote against it?

with regards to @600 dbl are statement, they have regulated the purchase of ammunition components as well. i used to get powder and brass and primers shipped in from Midway or Natchez... now that is illegal and you must purchase locally. to purchase locally, you are limited to a set amount every X days and you will be recorded on a list each time you purchase.

6. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I thought a liberal judge appointed by Obama shot all this down anyway called the law paternalistic and that is not how the constitution works.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

CA rejected the gender specificity of paternalistic.

8. Timothy Landon

Just reminding anyone who cares. I used to live there, long ago, when it was still a cool place to live. Why do you still live in Cali? Did you vote for this Nazi legislation?

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Because people who want to do bad things always follow the law ;)

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What if a gay couple is denied the right to purchase hollow point ammunition at a gun store in Berkley owned by Hare Krishnas?

stk0308 likes this.
  11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i voted against it, but it is a shitty place to live if you like firearms. no doubt about that. you probably lived here before i was born but moving isnt really an option for me at this point.

12. Timothy Landon

It's a shitty place to live, period. In many areas literally. For many, many other reasons as well. Get out when you can.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It depends - are the Hare Krishnas floating in a tree?

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Do Hare Krishnas still exist?

15. Timothy Landon

Last time I saw one was in 1976 at LAX.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You'd better hope I can't get no bullets on layaway!

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Yup, their cherry picking from Chris Rock's act now. They'll ignore the "how not to get shot" part, though.

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That's funny I order that stuff all the time........ There isn't any regulation on components in Calif.