1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins cup ! I figured it out.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jul 21, 2018.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

cBJr likes this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Jesus holy crapola! How the hell did Simon do a frickin 23 at Grattan backwards. Wowsers!

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

The 23 was CW, the normal direction. He and Parish were battling pretty hard in that one!

4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’d bet it was a erroneous lap time or he was on a big bike.... that was the only lap he was remotely close to that time.

5. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

The biggest two reasons for us to go twins is costs and rider devopment. Roughly only double the power and more weight to throw around coming from a 390. New lines to learn around familiar tracks.
    600 tire costs to run pro competetively is 2 to 3k per weekend .. at least I am told.
    Even if we had paid for tires we aren't ready. We are riding a 600 at the same time at the club level. Just rode our first race on the GSXR.. only a Saturday morning practice and a fight for 3rd on Sunday. Not getting too excited about that.. its that race level thing. Not moving up too fast. Been there, done that. Two more rounds and we win a championship with ASMA in multiple classes aboard a clapped out slow Ninja 250 against R3's ect.. thats exciting. Set three laps records too in ULW. All his.
    If and when we race a 600 at the pro level it needs to start in the top five consistantl. There are laps times at various tracks set by MA fast guys to measure progress.
    If Suzuki money is still there in 2019 thats a huge help. Another strong incentive.
    As for season costs, logistics is the real deal breaker. Lots if ways to do it cheap.. er cheaperer.. west coast based hurts no way around it. East coast based you can still make 7 rounds.
    MA is looking at ways to split some classes east-west witb a runoff. Me? No wife or home anymore. Lived out of my van to get a few rounds in. Wasn't that the norm at one time? Still works. Next year is shaping up much better. It kinda depends on how bad one wants to do it.
    I have quit good jobs when they backed out of time to race discussed during the hiring process.
    When I look around the pro paddock and see and know many "privateers" I personaly know sustaining a full season many are self employed and have some good sponsorship for the consumable stuff..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    BigBird likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

:beer:

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...t-getting-paid-drive-no-42-car-161625977.html

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Richards, Burras, Parish,
    Since your Team is breaking up for this Barber Finale I will be happy to help any of you guys if you need it in the Pits or on the Grid.. I am running the Triple Crown and will have Hot Pit Access and I will have lots of free time as well.. Let me know...

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Can you accurately measure fuel?

;)

r6boater, rcarson15, t11ravis and 2 others like this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cold I tell ya Cold.....

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I got a handy fuel dipstick to check how much is in the tank....

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I do the "jiggle the bike" method...can be tricky though - have to be careful not to drop off the stands - :D

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Cop with the kill shot.

14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Did you expect him to tase or try to defuse the situation!?

JJJerry and t11ravis like this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There's several of us coming up solo, so if they can't use you, one of us would love the help!

t11ravis likes this.
  16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I thought you tased first to make it easier to shoot them.
    Is that not SOP?

5axis and renegade17 like this.
  17. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Ever tried that with tank foam? Adds a new layer of complexity to checking fuel level.

t11ravis, Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Should have included you Gino... Just let me know... I will be there Thurs around Noon until Monday...

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'm seriously very interested in this class. Really wanting a twins bike. I'll be there Friday afternoon until Monday also. More than happy to help.

r6boater likes this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not just winning, but dominating, championship winning team, that may win again this year. And it's closing...
    But honestly it seems like that team didn't do a good enough job finding sponsors. Some teams are really really good at it and some aren't it seems.

Gino230 likes this.