1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The Heinie Long Slide arrived today, I was at lunch when my preferred FFL called, they were going nuts over the thing and they are a bunch that are difficult to impress. Its understated but up close the workmanship of this piece just screams quality. Shipped with four 9 round magazines, the action is super tight, I didn't have a lot of time today but the 72 rounds I fired were flawless and save a few flyers still inside the black it was easy to completely blow out the center of the target at the 15 yard line. Its the lightest recoiling 10mm I've tried and its trigger is perfection and feels around the 3-3.5 lb range. Color me happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scottn, Jedb, Riders Discount and 2 others like this.
  2. lizard84

This is the same Glock 20 10mm posted earlier in the thread. Slide melt complete, 6 inch KKM barrel and a Lone Wolf 20lb spring and stainless steel guide rod assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My dead air mask 22 came in yesterday and have no idea what i want to do with it.

M&p 22 pistol or ruger 10/22 target ?

Probably just a plinking toy or something. I’m not mad at squirrels but may use it for late night raccoon hunting or oppossum blasting

4. lizard84

Browning BuckMark Field Target Suppressed?!?

5. lizard84

Added a couple of bits to the Glock 20, one of the downfalls of the 1911's in general and Nighthawks take it to another level is that all other triggers feel like total shit. Glock triggers are certainly better then average but there is much room for improvement. You can't really see the bits that make the magic here but I swapped out stock trigger for a Orange County unit with a gold safety color and adjustable pre-travel. Also swapped was the connector for their Ultimate 3.5 trigger ghost, both of those bars are highly polished. It doesn't actually reduce pull to 3.5 lbs but the feel and travel are night and day. I could have lightened it further by swapping a spring and may later but for now its all good.The sandpaper Talon grip mod is a nice mod, especially in this Florida weather.

[​IMG]

6. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Glock 42. Shoots like a bigger gun but still pretty small. We sell a lot of them. Very accurate. Way less recoil than a Bodyguard or a LCP. It's what I carry. I work in a gunstore and shoot competitively.

JBraun likes this.
  7. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Pure bullshit. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yea, ok.

9. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

May not be super fancy but when a friend offered it up for $330 I said ok. It's a S&W model 659. Ran about 150rds through it and about 5 times the extractor didn't seem to pull the casing from the barrel. Hadn't been cleaned or oiled in a long time and I figured I would just give it a go. No interest in carrying or any competition I just like older guns.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I have an S&W 645 that my brother gave me. It's a very fine shooter. I'm sure a good cleaning will set you straight...I've never had a FTF with mine.

[​IMG]

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Not sure what you're saying. 1911 triggers suck unless they're "dressed" by a gunsmith?
    Realistically, that can be said about every mass-production trigger mechanism. Fortunately, the 1911 is arguably the most simple stupid trigger mechanism on any semi- handgun ever, so it's not like it's a problem if you don't like the feel.
    Glock prolly has the next highest following of 'smiths and DIY enthusiasts. I'm sure there's no lack of info there, either. (Not a Glock guy.)

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Soooo I just saw this week that Beretta is having an open to the public warehouse sale at their Gallatin location.....anyone else maybe going? :clap:

I haven't followed their current line in a long time, anything worth giving a serious look at, short or long?

13. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I was originally confused by his wording, but I think he's actually saying that a 1911 trigger makes all other triggers feel like shit....because the 1911 trigger is so good. And the Nighthawk is so much better that it takes that to another level. I think...

michaelrc51 likes this.
  14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^ I thought the same but I'm a big 1911 fan so I'm biased...

michaelrc51 likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I was leanin' that way cuz he's not gun stupid...except for likin' Glocks. :D

16. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

Try an STI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BJR119 likes this.
  17. lizard84

Yeah, my wording in that post was shit, you nailed what I did a poor job writing.

18. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Anyone getting it? I fell in love with the gen5 g19, then they just upgraded it with the MOS version. No cutout on the mag well, front serrations, optic-ready.

[​IMG]

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Glock are the absolute masters out of milking a design. Not that there is anything wrong with that, because they flat out work. But damn, they just make minor adjustments to a 30 year old pistol and everyone buys the new version anyway.

My only problem with the MOS setup is it's a bitch to get sites to co-witness with them and several people I know who used them for carry optics complain about them coming loose, even with locktite. A couple have actually bought slides and had their optics direct milled because of it. However, I think RDS on pistols are still in what I would call the "gen 1" phase. With the military adopting them as standard, I suspect there will be a ton more options in the coming years. which makes the MOS idea a really good one right now. The new Aimpoint pistol RDS looks interesting and might be the first in what I would call the next generation of pistol RDS.