1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Finally found a brand correct leather strap for the wife’s Dior... that ceramic band is a piece of crap , broke right at the end and they wanted more for the replacement than i paid for the watch.

She loves it

Attached Files:

SteveThompson likes this.
  2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Nice. My wife really likes white watches. She still wears some crappy one all the time. I've told her we need this. :D

[​IMG]

j cal, rd400racer, Jedb and 2 others like this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

That white Omega is nice. I'd rock that! The original from the space program was on auction a while back.. not sure what it brought but I'm guessing big $$

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Jomashop has killer deals on the Dior every now and then.

Just tell her to wear it very carefully.

But 1200 instead of 5600 is hard to beat. (The diamond are a bit higher)

5. peakpowersports

Speaking of womens watches, anyone see the new Chanel Boyfriend Skeleton? Wish I had the loot to burn for the wife, I really dig it

[​IMG]

6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

6B2AAB06-6A5F-4B57-99A3-313BEC0AC895.jpeg 429508A5-A147-44F6-BFD2-5296A3EB94D5.jpeg
    I got this Helberg H20 CH8 the other day. Great looking watch, but I’m not digging the orange. It’s now up for sale.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, I don't hate that. Put it on a black nato and it'd be cool.

pscook likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Exactly. The watch itself is cool, but that band is too much and the orange is a little off the orange on the dial.

9. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Yup!

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

We've seen coke, pepsi, and root beer. Is this orange crush?

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Im holding out for a Rolex GMT PURPLE DRANK!!!

AKA the "Fat Grimace"

Purple errythang....

SteveThompson likes this.
  12. sharkattack

8BF9E656-98D8-46D6-8EBE-F832C46C22FF.jpeg F1809B78-7893-40A7-B5B4-D4B4AFE35326.jpeg 6A72C89B-EADB-477F-A401-DFD960BAE1A3.jpeg

Forced a patina on my Maranez Layan. I wanted it to have a really old nautical look to it. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

RichB and cha0s#242 like this.
  13. peakpowersports

Does it give off a brass/metallic sent? Can you smell it on your wrist or your wrist after you've worn it? Just curious.

14. sharkattack

None that I can detect.

15. cha0s#242

I was going to ask if the green-grey left a mark on your wrist. I have to say the watch looks fantabulous.

16. peakpowersports

Good to hear. I've always been a bit suspect about brass cased watches thinking it may smell a bit. Looks good! Now you need to distress that strap to match :)

Also curious to hear your process for distressing the case.

17. sharkattack

Thanks! I really like how the diver on the buckle came out. She shows up pretty well. I’m quite pleased with my efforts.
    Getting the effect was actually pretty easy. It just took some time. All easily done with stuff you have at home.

18. sharkattack

6DC3B622-2C2A-4BBC-B68F-F64D94581172.jpeg
    Rounds 1 & 2: place watch in ziplock bag with over cooked hard boiled eggs. Smash eggs to expose yolks. This darkened the brass a bit and gave it a bit of an uneven tone to the case and buckle. But no color.

Rounds 3 & 4: place watch on small pedestal in Tupperware container. Pour ammonia in container but NOT on watch. Let watch sit about an inch or so above ammonia. Let sit for 24 hours (for round 3) and 48 hours ( for round 4).

I then lightly buffed the case and buckle with 0000 steel wool just to smooth the “rough” blue/green sections. I gave the case and buckle a light wipe with petroleum jelly and then wiped it all clean with a soft towel.

That’s it. You can use this procedure for brass & bronze watches, or even brass or bronze items at home that you want to age.

19. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Picked up a Seiko presage on special, looks better in real life and def catches the eye. But quality feels a bit so-so alround esp if you look closely at anything, and time keeping accuracy is so far out it's a joke. This one gains 4mins every 12hrs or so.

Attached Files:

20. cha0s#242

All the Seikos I've ever had where the most accurate watches in my collection. +4 min in 12 hours is definitely not in spec. I'd check with Seiko for a replacement under warranty.