1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

How I'm feeling about this "hurricane" right now:
    [​IMG]

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

The way the media is portraying the "hurricane"
    [​IMG]

G Dawg likes this.
  3. Might not be too far off except the shark will be a Volvo :)

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Need an anemometer for that. :Poke: From the buoy site, click map, click region , click buoy label. Here is 41004
    23 knots at water surface now. wind profile goes up a lot with z.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just saw that on the news. 25 - 30 houses on fire. :eek:

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:eek:

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

40 now.

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I appreciated the pun here. Not sure that anyone else had a handle on your meaning.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:eek:

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

wind is down, but still potential for major storm surge.. then the rain will be crazy..

[​IMG]

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All fires are out with an estimated 65 burned or exploded, one death from a falling chimney when a house exploded.

13. I think the wind dying down is good, the storm now moving slower not good. Going to dump a lot of rain. All I know is I cannot wait to go fishing after all that rain. I’m looking at some positives here vs the negatives.

14. I think the wind dying down is good, the storm now moving slower not good. Going to dump a lot of rain. All I know is I cannot wait to go fishing after all that rain. I’m looking at some positives here vs the negatives.

15. I think the wind dying down is good, the storm now moving slower not good. Going to dump a lot of rain. All I know is I cannot wait to go fishing after all that rain. I’m looking at some positives here vs the negatives.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is that your version of a category 3?

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not that I'm disappointed, but I have zero water on my property. Lot's of broken branches though.
    Wind has been strong all night . Local station went off air for about 45 minutes.

code3ryder and RossK6 like this.
  18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Still very windy here. We lost power about 11pm last night. Lots of branches and lots of rain. I haven’t been outside to survey the damage yet. I’m going to wait till the wind dies down.

TSWebster likes this.
  19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

A9A16F39-E82B-4B47-B030-1069CE43C4D8.jpeg Geez this thing is slow! It’s barely moved from yesterday’s position. According to accuweather it’s not leaving for another 24 hours!

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just took a quick look. All things considered it's not as bad as it could have been. I have a shit load of Oak tree's and a branch that's apx 10" in diameter snapped off. The others are swaying like mad. Still have a long time to go.

21. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The 7am position update says that the eye is about to make landfall near Wrightsville Beach. Movement is west (280 degrees) at 6mph and suppose to slow down even further.
    Stay safe gentlemen.