1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot sizing delimma

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Calkidd, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This question seems to be best asked here.

I need a new set of boots, but it has been a while since I donned a pair of race boots. I had a pair of Sidi Corsa's back in the day. I am looking for another pair, but this Euro sizing has me a little confused.

My longer foot is 30 cm with the other foot .5 cm shorter and I wear US 14's in shoes. When I look on Sidi's sizing chart they recommend 50? Really? However, when I do a general search for my foot length it says a EU47-48.

Can someone help me out and clarify what size I should be looking to purchase?

2. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

I wear a US 13 and a EU 47. You may want to ask TJ.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

What specific boot do you wear?

I guess the second part to my question is; are all boots similar when it comes to fit? Is a 48 in Sidi's the same as in an Alpinestar?

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd bet the length is the same but the width and fit would be completely different.
    It's like helmets.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Back in the day I wore Vertebra's and Vertigo Corsa's in EU45. When I went to try the new models (mag 1 I think), I still needed an EU 45. So they still seem to follow the older models sizing.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

IMO even more so. Very bad idea to order boots before trying on unless they have a very liberal return policy. I can't compare sizing between A* and Sidi because Sidi's simply don't fit my feet. I've had many other brands, and some are a full size different.

7. lilmatt

lilmatt Member

I wear a 9 in nike (for reference). My A* supertechs I got in a 42 and fit well. My Sidi’s I recently got I got in a 43 and it fit the same as my A*. Seems sidi fit right on while the A* was about a half size or so off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I have also been looking for a new pair of boots. While I like the Sidi and AStars boots, I need as wide a boot as possible, so I have been told by several different sources that wider = AStars.

If that helps at all.....

lilmatt likes this.