1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Championship of New Jersey | Sep 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'd have to be able to rewind but I thought Chris was ahead of Bart.

track wagon likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Watched the replay - all Chris, highsided and his bike collected Bart later.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  3. 600 and 1000 races were snooze fests.

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Haven't watched the races yet but it sounds like the twins races was the best race of the day. I'm astonished!

JJJerry, track wagon and cajun636 like this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Junior Cup race was good except for the stream was missing the first 3 laps. No idea what happened to Yates and a few others. Good group at the front, but they kept crashing one by one until Olmedo was the only one left on 2 wheels right at the end. Wanted Renzo to win. Bummer that he crashed with 2 corners left. He did pretty good in the Twins race though, but we knew they weren't going to award him any points hence the "DQ".

For those that saw the Twins race, were the conditions worse then? The Junior Cup guys were running about 5 seconds faster than the twins and it was lightly raining in that race.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

More rain (still light though) for end of SBK and the Twins Cup. SBK were parking it in turn 5 as were twins.

7. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Yates went down after a tank slapper on the pit straight. He was laying mid track as the field came by at full song. Pretty tense for a moment there, he looked pained getting up and running to the wall.

I was chatting with the Ulrich's yesterday when Valentine walked up flushed in the face asking for a thermometer. He looked rough. Looked a lot better today, but it was also a lot cooler, and wasn't riding. Hope the guy heals up soon.

8. Monsterdood

Here’s a few photos. I have some of all the racers still up at the finish.

Battle for 1st with the unhomolagated Duc.
    [​IMG]

Madama 4th on track after a turn 1 crash, 3rd on podium.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t11ravis and BigBird like this.
  9. Hoffman900

Here are some more people shots. Have a bunch of close ups of the Ducati as well (and Herrin's bike, and the Yosh bikes that I posted in the Dyno comparison thread):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple X, flygirl, TX Joose and 5 others like this.
  10. sbk1198

Did Madama lose his visor in the crash and rode the rest of the race without it?? Am I seeing that right?? :eek:

11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

The Duc was the wrong Duc?

12. Hoffman900

Here's the Duc:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple X, britx303 and MachineR1 like this.
  13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Great looking build. I know very little about Ducs so I don’t know what I’m looking at.

BigBird and socalrider like this.
  14. Monsterdood

Or it’s the new ultra clear no glare no reflection model. Lol

flygirl likes this.
  15. sbk1198

Ducati Monster 796

16. Monsterdood

That is a nice looking racebike. I should have checked it out more in person. I feel like I should race one so that I can write “Monsterdood” across my leathers. Can’t wait to see it with the full body work.

17. Hoffman900

Eraldo Ferracci gave me the tour of the bike. Nothing off the wall, but I don't know Ducati's really that well either.

Here is Herrin's bike. I don't think I have seen Richard Stanbolli step away from his laptop this weekend. Had a very good chat with one of the Attack guys today. After talking to him about the bike and seeing Josh's performance in the wet, I'm convinced Richard is some sort of wizard / genius / mad scientist. Attention to detail is as good / better than the factory bikes; for example the ECU is where it is so they can run a shorter / lighter wiring harness. Also, Josh's swing arm is a newer design for this weekend. Another change to improve edge feel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  18. Hoffman900

Here is the swingarm on Toni's (and Rog's) bike this weekend:
    [​IMG]

Look how much material is removed compared with the swing arm from the shots I took from Revzilla Wednesday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and Westby's bike:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Westby has a great thing going with their 'Winged Warriors'. What a happy / feel good team! Based on hanging out in the paddock for two days now, they definitely are "the people's team".

Laz, MELK-MAN, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  19. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Yeah and Parrish was hand shifting..

Attached Files:

BigBird, britx303, JBall and 2 others like this.
  20. Hoffman900

That's incredible. Especially the no visor - wind is bad but it was raining too!