1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM 790. This is how you kill the MA twins cup class

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The "new" Katana from what I've seen is a retro styling exercise built on the existing GSXS1K, I4, no turbo.

3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Barnes Brothers is starting to take deposits on the 790 today.. priced at $10,499

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

or build 565s

dmj_88, Gorilla George, Bruce and 3 others like this.
  6. 713

713 Well-Known Member

or buy 565s

Bruce, Phl218 and swiest152 like this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

or stick to the subject of the thread.... nah, never mind- almost forgot where I was

8. swiest152

KTM isn't going to be legal. pointless to talk about.

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

New Jersy shows a 797 Monster on the grid. It will be interesting to see how it does.

10. swiest152

It's a 796, different chassis from 797. Both 796 and 797 will be homologated very soon. Those bikes can make some good HP but stock they are dogs like the FZ

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

565 , 580, 600...

Dave_SV likes this.
  12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

dont forget 650 not 677 :D

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah - screw that asshole.

F#*~er is delusional.

:D

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I don't feel like reading 18 pages, did Mongo ever say where this bike was going to fit into WERA?

If not, hey Mongo, where is this thing going to fit in WERA? Is it going to index in somewhere or be relegated to running HWT Twins?

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

FYI there was a totally stock KTM 790 Duke under the tower with dunlop slicks mounted. I asked a buddy who had ridden it and he said it was there for them to get a rider that doesn't have a dog in the game to give the three bikes a ride and get a comparison. SV, FZ and 790. At the time that I saw it (Saturday and Sunday mid day) it had not been ridden, still had fresh rubber mounted, I think I might have heard they were going to run them Monday or Tuesday (I think I heard that Dunlop was going to stay and tire test Tuesday? STT was running a track day today (monday)...

or so I heard.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

They are definitely testing it. Tomorrow during the tire test I believe. Along with a well built SV and fz. The SV and fz are bikes that competed this in the class this year being ridden by MAs test rider for that unbiased opinion. So yea, basically everything you said is correct and not just a rumor.

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep. Comparison test is tomorrow.

18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Who's the lucky rider who gets to ride all 3?

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So I see they let the Duc run again for testing. Is it official that it is also going to be allowed next year? Why aren't they testing that too?

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I know the Duc was DQ'd because it was not homologated, but where did it actually finish in the races it ran?