1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaguar

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Exactly.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Lexus IS 350 F-Sport handled amazingly well when we had one, better than the current 335xi that we have, granted it doesn't have the sport package but it drives like crap.

sdiver likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that. Mama just bought herself a car after we looked at a lot of stuff, surprisingly she picked an AMG C43. Didn't like the reliable Japanese stuff and didn't go with a tesla, because it didn't sound and feel sporty.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My RWD IS350 Report also, although to be fair it's the first Lexus I ended up buying due to the boring issue. Bought several 3 series and 2 POS Audis.

Love that if I can actually make it more than 2 years with the same car I won't worry about it falling apart on me.

BigBird likes this.
  5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

speaking of Jaguar, anyone seen the new XF Sportbrake (WTF is it with the name??):

[​IMG]

not a fan of black cars w/ black wheels but this does look the business:

[​IMG]

HPPT and BigBird like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss test drove a Mercedes when she got the A4 - the salesman used to race with us and flat out told her if she couldn't afford to add the AMG letters there was no point in her looking at them based on what she likes to drive :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The station wagon is making a comeback?

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It seems like every manufacture falls for Jalopnik's hysteria over the cult following of wagons. Then bangs out a few, only to find that nobody will actually buy them. There are quite a few halo wagons out there now.

[​IMG]

sbk25 and Phl218 like this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that porsche is so dope. trouble is that the "i have $150k lying around" market is not that big. nobody is making cool "$30k wagons."

i would have definitely loved to have an STi hatch or an Evo X wagon at this point in my life. i'm not out there buying Panamera Turbos any time soon.

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I was all set to put a deposit on a VW Sportwagen TDI 6 speed manual when the shit hit the fan with VW. I'd still buy one if I could find one. No one really makes a decent wagon with a manual transmission. or a diesel.

I'd love to have a mercedes E400 wagon (ok, I really lust after the E63 wagon but it's a bit over the top). Kills me in europe where every other taxi is a manual diesel wagon...

recently got a wife a CPO E550 convertible. surprisingly nimble, monster motor (twin turbo V8) and very nice overall. full coverage warranty till 2021. She likes it and I enjoy it when she lets me drive it.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well, wagons sell like hot cakes in europe...

I’d love me some E63 Kombi

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still want a V wagon. I should have bought the one I saw for mid 40's at a dealer in 2011-2012. I could have put 100k on it and sold it for almost the same money now :(

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah, just that they are called Crossovers or SUVs now. :Poke:

RS4 Avant is the Wagon to have. Even VR46 drives one as his daily.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-volkswagen-passat-w8-4motion-wagon-2/

gt#179 likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They are popular in Europe, but because Americans prefer huge SUVs, we see very little models available over here. Too bad, I'd really love a nice sporty one that isn't Euro trash.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No, not the same

The Porsche and the Jaguar look like this:
    [​IMG]

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

true. we just lift them, and charge another 10k

Phl218 likes this.
  18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

TTT