1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Fuel Tank for 1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 V-Four

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by BlueR32, Aug 6, 2018.

1. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I know perhaps this a long shot, but I recently picked up a "barn find" and it needs a usable fuel tank. The one on the bike is badly corroded and unusable. Let me know what you have.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Just how unusable?
    If its all there as in just rusted im pretty good at saving them.
    PM with photos

Steven

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

4. BlueR32

That's a great price for what appears to be a very nice tank. It's for the 700/750 so not sure it will fit.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

500 tank is different

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ahh,sorry I tried though as soon as I saw the ad I remembered the OP's post. I thought maybe it would have been close enough to work. Sorry Blue

7. BlueR32

No worries mate...thanks for keeping an eye out!

8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I'm going to be checking out an 86 VF500 this week. If the engine is blown I'll see if its worth parting out.

9. BlueR32

Keep me posted!

10. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I don't have a gas tank, but I have these. Let me know if any of you all need them, they have been sitting around collecting dust since the 80's

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 2.39.57 PM.png

11. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

I have an 85 Vf500F that blew a rod. I'll let almost all of it go. I also have a set of Yoshimura Stage 1 camshafts, new in box. and Yoshimura slip on's. I'll send you PM Blue.

yamageezer likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The tank may be savable, had a crew in Cali recover an FZR tank for me, did a beautiful job on it.

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

86 Parts bike didn't really check out. I think the guy put some sort of cleaner in the tank and left it for years. We couldn't get the cap open to take a look inside. The bike was a bit of a mess, but I did do a compression check on the engine and that checked out. So it was a good engine, frame, and wheels, plus a rashed Lockhart fairing.

14. willi777

willi777 Member

I have got a couple of those tanks, but condition unknown. Will dig them out of storage this week, let me know if you are still looking...

15. BlueR32

Yes still looking. Let me know what you have. Thanks!