1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 89!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shift96, Sep 2, 2018.

1. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Check out my clean 89 I found. Really trying not to wire it, put the plastics away and take it vintage racing (well vintage "cruise around cause I'm slow:)" 0823181952_resized.jpg 0823181952a_resized.jpg

SpeedyE, iagsxr, flyingpig70 and 10 others like this.
  2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Nice!

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wow, great find!

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nice ride.
    In before @Steeltoe shows up and ruins it by jizzing all over it.

:D

cajun636 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice!

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Came with the solo seat cowl too, really nice find.

7. shift96

Yep have the lowers as well. Needs a couple small things but really nice example. Been looking for a clean 89 for a long time

L8RSK8R likes this.
  8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Nice...

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Wire it and race it!!!

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Man, I'd say too nice to race it. I'd just love on it and ride it. Very cool find!

ToofPic and Brad like this.
  11. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Yes! Just cruise it! Too many beaters out there to potentually ball up a nice one.

12. shift96

Yeah that's the plan just keep it nice take it out for a nice blast every now and then.

ToofPic and Brad like this.
  13. shift96

Or sell it and let someone else enjoy it. I may be too tempted to go racing with it

14. britx303

The way I see it is, if someone is going to race it,then it might as well be its current owner. :beer:

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had a friend that bought a pristine I believe 91 and raced it. He was anal and the bike was perfect, he almost cried when he wadded it in practice.

16. britx303

Someones gotta put ol' yeller down.............its only right that its his owner:D.............but I hear ya,thats a really nice survivor. If I ever get my hands on a unmolested fzr750 (dreambike) then I know I might be hesitant too.

17. shift96

Ha all true points! I really want to get out vintage racing next season. May need to move it to fund it we'll see.

18. shift96

Oh man FZR750 wish I had that! My white elephant is an 86 gsxr. Would love to find one nice

19. britx303

Speedwerks may have a pristine '86 that was sold on here a couple years ago. Im pretty sure it was an '86 or very close to that year

20. shift96