1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Mountain

Discussion in 'General' started by Cybernaut, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Cybernaut

Cybernaut Well-Known Member

Anyone here ride that track much? and if so what's the east track like?
    Also is there anywhere around there to get 94 or better none ethanol unleaded pump ?

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If, by east track, you mean the originsal Rupert Bragg-Smith designed portion, it’s fantastic. About the only bad thing is the run off, lots’a moon rocks out there. Supposedly, the new ownership was to that clean up. Rode it back in 2003, so hopefully, it’s been repaved since. No idea in fuel, Vegas might be your best bet.

3. Cybernaut

I don't know it by that name but it is this one
    Screenshot_2018-08-23 SMMR Maps pdf.png

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Both tracks Are awesome and if you run the full course it’s great. The original course was one of my favorite tracks and the pavement was great.

Not sure on fuel.

5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

The east course is the newest, and very safe, previous poster must be thinking about some other course. There is like six miles of track. You will love it, what tracks have you done.

6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I haven’t ridden since they added on to the original course and the one with the pond and hill. I just know the original course and second one they added were awesome.

It’s a top notch facility. They’ve always kept the bikes off certain parts but What we could ride was awesome. I’ve aleays been with socaltrackdays and trackxperience.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    gixxerboy55 likes this.
  7. Cybernaut

I've done:
    Westwood B.C.
    Mission B.C.
    The Ridge (my favorite)
    Pacific raceway
    Oregon race park
    Portland International
    Thunderhill (both tracks)

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Impressive resume. The east course is wide with some long straightaways. Good 1K track.

9. Cybernaut

great I'm a 1k guy

10. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

The "Classic Course" North/South 2.4 track seems to be more popular than the 2.1 (?) East track. While I personally like the Classic track better, I still really like the East track. This November will be the first time bikes have been on that track in a couple years, so no one rides the East track a lot. I think that will be kind of cool because it will be new(ish) and unfamiliar(ish) to everyone riding there. I think I might be one of the few people that has ridden it every time a bike event has been there.

There are two layouts for the East track, sometimes we run the carousel-like feature that goes from turn 3 to turn 7 on the map you have, this one has more elevation changes but is shorter. Other times we have run the full layout, some people don't care for turns 4-5 for some reason. Opinions seem to be split on which is better overall, I am hoping we do one version Sat and the other Sun.

Premium gas in NV is 91 and usually has some ethanol in it. A quick google search shows that there are some stations that offer non-ethanol gas, but they are all in the wrong parts of town to make it an easy stop on the way to Pahrump.

I am on staff with TrackXperience, so if you have any questions, I may be able to answer them. You can always email [email protected] to get in touch with the higher-ups.

If you do decide to come out for that one look me up!

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have done the classic course once with socal track days and there are no groups. Fun, smooth track but there is just too much traffic with a vast array of riders all on track at the same time. Takes away the fun. I would ride there again if they had group sessions. There are websites that show where you can get race fuel. I think there may be one on the 15 freeway on your way out. The Vegas Classic course is just as fun and only about 1 hour further out. Not sure if they do track days there though. Just Wera.

12. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

TrackXperience is the only trackday provider that is currently running events out there. We go about 4 times a year, with November 3&4 being our last one for the year.

13. Fuzzy Moto

Fuzzy Moto Well-Known Member

Spring Mountain is on the other side of the road from where I live.

A few miles North on the 160 there is a VP Fuels station. They have VP 101 for about $8/gal.

14. The_R1_Kid

The_R1_Kid Well-Known Member

This! I low sided my R1 there. The fist sized rocks in the run off put dents in the frame and just beat up the bike more on an other wise easy crash. This was in 2006ish