1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dreb

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I remember him at Loudon bending the throttle rod on his golf cart to override the rev limiter. This usually made the accelerator pedal more of a light switch and less analogue. It cracked me up to see him rocking back and forth in the driver's seat with the throttle on/throttle off operation preventing him from maintaining a constant speed.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

Him and sadowski in the booth announcing. Great memories of those days watching with all of my friends.

ToofPic and 418 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Fun Meter is pegged on sad. Going to be a truly surreal weekend without him texting me and taking care of our riders.

ToddClark likes this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Britt, I know y’all were super close. Very sorry man. Hope you are doing ok considering.

ToddClark and Britt like this.
  5. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I've always liked Brian Drebber as an announcer. Seemed like he had real passion for the sport. RIP. You will be missed.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Finally slowed down enough to take it in but nowhere near processing it yet. Losing Kurt and Dreb within a year is fucking horrible. Two truly truly cool people that loved the sport and all the people involved are just gone. We lose people in our racing family pretty regularly which isn't unexpected given the size of the family and the danger in doing what we love. There are some people who have a large impact on me personally and I just can't compartmentalize it like I can most times. Going to be tough this weekend because obsessing over it all can't be part of what I do here at the track, that has to be fun because it is fun and it's absolutely what Dreb would want and has done in the past when others we all know have died.

Yeah, rambling, sorry about that, had to let some of the stuff in my head out and didn't want to add to the bosses own burden.

7. Ramblings ok in times like these. My 6 year old remembers Dreb’s voice that as soon as he hears whenever I’m watching or listening and Dreb’s on he says “that’s the nice man in the straw hat” (as my son refers to it as. That sums it up for me.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Critter

Critter Registered

F............................

9. I'll miss that dude.

10. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

So sorry to hear. Loved his announcing and seeing him pop up on here from time to time

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Dreb

12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Classic Dreb;

13. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks! Sad sad news. RIP Dreb

Of the many AMA/MotoA/MotoGP events I’ve attended, plus just watching on TV, his voice was just expected. Like ok cool, I’m here, Dreb is on the mic, just natural. I hope he was on the gas, rolling thru a big sweeper.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Same here. Back when the Coors Classic was televised. Ran into him a couple times at Road America.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Below is the post I made here over five years ago.

Here's the link to his bee/honey web site. Read the story; it's classic Dreb telling a good story.

http://www.drebbievillehives.com/our-story.html

pfhenry likes this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

I could watch that stuff for hours.

17. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

He was a classic, RIP...

18. Critter

Critter Registered

OK well here is one of my favorite Drebber stories,
    Mid Ohio circa 2004 it was in the Wednesday promoters practice, I did not have the money to pay to practice so Drebber spotted me the money, so I had my dad bring him a bottle of wine from Erie P.A. for him. It was the first practice of the afternoon sessions. I went into turn one and then rolled into the right hander and got into a nasty little headshake, it spread my front pads apart so as I flicked it left in the chicane I had no brakes, jumped the curb and crashed really hard. I laid there until the ambulance came and the lady said to me. "Do you know what day it is" I replied Wednesday I think, she said your right. She then proceeded to ask me what the date was and I said will if I got question one right I remember writing a check to days ago and that would make today the 18th. She said your right. So I stood up looked around and said "hey where is my bike" the corner worker said don't worry Brian Drebber has it. I said who the fuck is that guy and why does he have my bike. The ambulance lady said. "epic fail get the flashy light bus you are coming with us".....

19. Critter

Critter Registered

And then there was the fortnight with me and Huey at the IOMTT..... I will share those when my key board dries out.

20. Magnesium

Magnesium Active Member

Sad news today. Drebber was the best voice on the air for motorcycle road racing and a very cool guy. RIP.

deepsxepa likes this.