1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dreb

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Oh shit! :(

I met him at VIR a long time ago. I miss those old AMA races with his voice.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Absolutely terrible news.

You will be missed Drebber.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm sorry about y'alls friend. RIP.:(

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn this sucks.... He was a great ambassador for our sport and always a pleasure to listen to and read from......

ToofPic, ToddClark and 418 like this.
  5. Chip

Chip Registered

Rest in Peace Dreb. Today is a dark day for American motorcycle racing.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Great announcer. Sucks to hear. RIP.

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Damn, RIP.
    I was just watching the Roadrace 2004 dvd while at barber last weekend and recall seeing his segment there, and how he has been a part of our sport for such a long time.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

Wow. What a drag. Was always fun to see him post here.. his avatar of the goldwing. And if I remember, he was a crazy cat man.

Started watching races when he was announcing. Seemed like a real genuine personally.

Sucky.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I always imagined his voice reading his posts here. Lol

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Terrible news. Met him a couple of times and he was a great guy. RIP

11. GSmann

GSmann Well-Known Member

Don't ban me but...

ToofPic, SpeedyTide, TLR67 and 5 others like this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sad to hear. Super nice guy, great TV announcer, fun to be around.

I last saw him as a fellow member of the Cherokee Bee Club. He and a granddaughter were really good at beekeeping.

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

very sad. I remember him camping out in his RV with the family at the Big Kahuna and joining us in the after hours hooliganism a time or two, great taste in classic motos and autos too. the races will never be the same without him.

Godspeed

Thistle and TLR67 like this.
  14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I was lucky enough to shoot the shit with him at Rd ATL and VIR, this year. He always had the best stories and had a way of making you feel like you were an old friend (even if you had just met him). I won't lie; I was starstruck having a conversation with 'the voice of racing'.

Ride on, Dreb!

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  15. Best damn color guy out there, sure I have a lot of previous posts regarding how much respect I have for that cat.
    Thank you for all you given us Dreb, you were a truly unique guy, heart of gold and just all around nice guy. I’ll miss our chats about everything non 2 wheel related. You are one of a kind and will be missed.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Godspeed big guy. I've got a vid clip of him announcing Toni Elias as the 2017 champ @ NJMP on my IG, that's how i'll remember him for sure.

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I did't realize he was the voice I grew up with at pre teen age... great share gsmann .. Ralph too much sheene clearly tried to follow that enthusiasm...

18. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

RIP Brian. He was very enjoyable to listen to and super enthusiastic about motorcycles and racing. I feel very lucky to have known him here at the track. We will all miss him! Deepest sympathies to his family.

19. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

RIP, Dreb. Sad day

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

RIP Dreb... Great guy. I met him once at Road Atlanta while he was showing off an RC30.