1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 16, 2018.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Why is this thread titled "headphones" when what the OP obviously looking for is earbuds ?

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

pscook likes this.
  3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've been curious about these BT wireless buds for awhile now, so far of all the ones discussed I think I like how small those Jabra's appear to be, dumb question alert, anyone try using any of these with a helmet on? They work or no, I suspect the mike would be an issue???

So those of you working out with the in ear buds, never had an issue with one or both popping out???

This running or playing basketball claim is pretty impressive, as I've never had a pair of those wired from bud to bud ones that stayed put.

7. The ones I mentioned (Jabra Elite Active 65t) have never once come out, or even loose. Not even while jumping rope or working the heavy bag (boxing).

You just have to follow the instructions and put them in the right way. You start to put them in with the little extension thing pointing straight down, then rotate them as you slide them in place.

But Jabra has a few different models, so you have to make sure you get the right ones. I can’t speak for their other models.

XFBO likes this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I've had many wired pairs of MEEs over the years, always worked well. I imagine their wireless active versions are just as good.

They even do custom fit

http://www.meeaudio.com/wireless/

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My wife is picking up wireless ear buds for the kids. Walgreens has them on closeout for $10 a pair.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Two sessions in with these Jabras, and they is ‘aight. Of all the earbuds I’ve tried, they’re the least comfortable, but they’re not annoying. Just not as nice feeling as anything else. They are rather large in comparison to all other units I’ve had lately.

They don’t sound terrible, but they don’t sound great in any one area. Overall sound quality is good, they don’t drop the lows, or miss the highs. There’s no tinny sound to ‘em when I wind on the treble, and there’a very little flubble when you crank up the base. Mid range is passable. In terms of sound quality, I’d call them the Honda brand of earbuds. They don’t do anything outstanding, but they get the job done. And the UX on the app is plain, and functional. It’s the best of all devices tested herein.

I’ll see if these last a few more days, if not, I’m going all-out for the Shure SE535. Those are ace, by everything I’ve read, and for the price of admission, they s(h)ure better be worth it ...

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

If anybody ever wants to try an outstanding pair of closed ear active noise cancelling headphones with bluetooth, the NAD HP 70 really blew my ears off when I tested them.

An amazing soundstage for closed ear (what NAD calls Roomfeel). Using the wire and a good DAC, the sound was nothing short of amazing, everything was precise, very transparent and natural. They made my Beoplay (B&O) H6 sound stale in comparison, even if they are still a pretty good pair of cans. Highly recommended.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Back with an update on the Air Pods. These things rock. My old BT earbuds would cut out when the phone was in my pocket. I've not got out of range of these things yet. I walk all over my office, leaving my phone on my desk at the back of the building (75ft x 50ft) with no cutting out. I go all over my house, down into the garage, even outside to the truck or in the back yard, leaving the phone on the bar, and still no cuts. And they sound just as good as the wired headphones (I'd actually started a thread once about BT being lower quality because the signal can't carry as much info, but it's not the case here).

13. Did you get the same model I use?

Did you download the app with the equalizer so you can change the sound?

Do you have girlyman ears?

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Yes. Yes. Probably.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. At the end of the day, earbuds are like helmets. They all fit different people differently because of the shape.

Personally, I love my Jabs. I’ve tried several and will use these forever.

tropicoz likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bullshit. Had to FTFY!

17. :crackup:

That scenario is highly likely. :D

18. lilmatt

lilmatt Member

Just spend a couple hundred bucks at Best Buy and keep buying and returning them til you find some you like. You get 14 days to take them back. Take it a step further and buy the Best Buy warranty and when a newer pair you like come out, say they’re “defective, don’t hold a charge... blah blah” get your money back and spend said money on new pair.

Advice per a Best Buy employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Did BB finally drop their 'restocking fee' BS? I stopped buying pricier stuff there because of it.

20. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I went out and bought a pair of these.....I’ll be damned they’re pretty sweet. They fit great and no wires to fack with. I’ve been using these at the gym for about a week now and they don’t even budge! I just need to mess with the equalizer a bit to get the sound where I want it, otherwise thanks for the recommendation.