1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a program to look for objects on pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Aug 20, 2018.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I have 8000 + pictures on a computer, Is there a program that will look at the pictures, (Not the file names ) The image and let me search for say motorcycle and it will sort all pictures with motorcycles or Ford truck and show just the pictures I have with a ford truck in it. Sort of how google sorts pictures , I guess but just for the files on my computer.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

you're looking to install skynet.exe on your system. bad move my friend. :D

(sorry i cant help at all)

Phl218 likes this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I attended a lecture on AI and it was covering this very topic. The search systems are starting to be able identify things like cars down to the manufacturer just by visual cues. Search systems can identify a Lamborghini by the design styles it has stored of other Lamborghini's. It still doesn't know that it is a Lamborghini, it just knows that there is a certain probable percentage that it is a Lamborghini. Google is one of the primary drivers in this market.

Of course the big question is will AI try and overthrow humanity. The simple answer was no, because there is nothing that AI would want from a human being.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Other than tagging each picture manually, I got nothin'.

6. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Google Photos can already do this. I go in to "Photos" on my phone and search "boat" it returns all images that look like they were taken on or of a boat.

https://photos.google.com/apps

Run it on your desktop and backup all the images. Then the Google AI will search them.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It needs to work with pics of bewbies too.

Just a thought.

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Thanks I will try a few uploads and see.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This thread should be titled "How to cheat at Where's Waldo"

10. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

You'll be replaced with an AI bot as the main content provider in the Crumpet thread very shortly.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

+1 for Google photos.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .