1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Trifecta - Road Atl - Barber - Tally - Cash Prizes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Feb 14, 2018.

1. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Ron, my apologies for not making Barber. Family issues got in the way, however I did pre-enter. Planning on being at Tally. Thanks again for doing this for the Vintage guys.

2. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I saw you were registered but could not find you in the paddock. Looking forward to seeing you at Tally. Hopefully we will have a big grid.

3. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Round 3 - Tally Handicaps - August 18

Thanks to riders and staff who participated in Round 2 at Barber. It was a small turnout. Let's make the next round bigger. These will be the handicaps for the Tally event.

To determine the handicaps
    , the results from 6 previous dry races were used to calculate a differential based upon the class winning times. When the handicap is applied to the slower classes the cash winners could come from any class. Based upon the average time differential for the winners of each of the classes, the handicaps will be:

Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP Race

Handicap (seconds/lap)

F 2-stroke 0

F500 .3

V3 1.3

V4 1.8

V2 3.1

V1 3.0

500 GP 6.0

350GP 6.5

G50, 500 Manx .3

AER350, 7R, 350 Manx 3.1

Formula 2-stroke is the baseline and has been the fastest class on average over the years. Certain period GP race bikes (now seldom seen) have demonstrated a considerable advantage over the bikes currently running in those classes. 500 Manx and G50 riders have matched Formula 500 over the years and will run with a F500 handicap. Aermacchi 350, AJS7R and 350 Manx will run with a V2 handicap. Clubman bikes which are not vintage “bump up” entries are not eligible for a cash prize.

Handicaps will be different at each round based on the historical performance of each class at the different tracks.

We only had 3 finishers at Barber so the cash prizes for 4th and 5th were not paid. If WERA is willing, I would like to apply those funds to paying 6th and 7th at Tally since it is the last round. First we need enough registrations. Let's get a big grid!

I will be at Tally calculating the results. Please look me up and share any ideas to improve the series.

Ron Raven #397

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem at all on our end.

5. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

For the final round of the Trifecta this weekend at Tally: more prize money. 1st = $150; 2nd = $125; 3rd = $100; 4th = $75; 5th = $75; 6th = $50 and 7th = $50! To pay that deep requries a big grid. Plan to be there Saturday. We are race #14. See you in the paddock. Ron Raven, Wera 397.

6. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Ron, I too must apologize for missing Barber which pains me to admit not being at my favorite track for the celebration of the independence of this great nation. Shopping for rain gear so I can stay as light as possible this soggy weekend. See you there.

7. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I will look to see you there. Temperatures are predicted in the mid 80s, but there is a substantial chance for a late afternoon thundershowers. Unfortunately we are race #14 on Saturday so we might be wet. Come by for a beer and a chat in the evening.

videojack likes this.
  8. videojack

"Come by for a beer and a chat in the evening."
    Consider my arm twisted. The great company is a bonus as well!

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Ron-

Sorry for the short notice, but we aren't going to be there. I struggled with the decision, but in the end, it's just too far to drive when I already have a gazillion points and am mostly just racing against myself. I hope I am proven wrong and you guys have a GREAT turnout! Hope to see you at the gnf.

bullockcm and videojack like this.
  10. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Handicap Race Results - Round 3 - Vintage Trifecta - Tally Aug 18
    1st Harry Vanderlinden V4 $150
    2nd Jerry Duke 350GP $125
    3rd Jack Houman 350GP $100
    4th David Hurst V1 $75
    5th David Clark V3 $75
    6th Dick Gruhn V4 $50
    The unclaimed 7th place prize is donated to WERA with thanks for allowing me to put on this series. A big thanks to everyone who participated. I will see you at the GNF.

Killswitch, JBall and videojack like this.
  11. videojack

Ron, THANK YOU, SIR! Your encouragement lead to some exciting racing and the RAIN FREE weekend, in spite of the weather forecast, kept things moving forward FAST!
    Let's keep working toward reviving this sport.

12. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Ron, THANK YOU !! Cash is always better than a trophy !

videojack likes this.
  13. videojack

Excellent run Harry. You were right behind the pack of Clubman bikes that lapped me just before you did!