1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost like Lorenzo now....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not so much to what?

2. Robby-Bobby

You’re not understanding....

Stoner-rode whatever the fuck he was given and won on each variation.

Rossi-moved mountains to in his direction. Couldn’t find their own asses

Lorenzo- struggled initially, they finally listened to his basic direction for rider comfort. Winning races

Hope that helps

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rossi tried to modify what Stoner rode, failed. Lorenzo did not try to ride what Stoner rode, no comparison to what Rossi did. Rossi failing is a moot point one way or another. Lorenzo took a bike that could win with a rider much less skilled than Stoner (Dovi) and couldn't do shit til he was comfy on it :D

Odilup and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Lol you’d call a completely different bike a “modification”?

That’s the thing.....

Rossi and his team had them turn the bike inside out to basically full failure.

Lorenzo just needed to feel comfortable.... on a bike that Dovi basically developed for himself.

My point is that Rossi got what they asked, when they asked...

The other riders, who have all had more success are riding what they were given with slight modifications.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rossi was never on a completely different bike from Stoner, where are you getting that?

6. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

bayliss wild card 2006, win.
    stoner championship, 2007.

bayliss > rossi?

Phl218 and Steeltoe like this.
  7. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

also stoner puked in his hemet and still podium'd, on the ducati.

crashman likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wait, didn't Rossi, "I can fix it in 80 seconds" get a completely different aluminum frame bike versus Stoner, I can win on anything, including a carbon fiber, no front end feel, bike?

crashman and Phl218 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He got a different frame, not a completely different bike.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Burgess is the one who put the 80 second time stamp on it.

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I farted in my leathers and still kept it on 2 wheels. I am basically the same skill level as Stoner :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

It is comical reading these "debates". Stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo are all amazing riders. All have had major injuries and hopped right back on to challenge for a podium. 2006-2013 had some great racing/battles with these guys on the grid :beer:

13. Boman Forklift

I call that a different bike. Heck Harley changes much less and calls it a different bike. :crackup:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The engine change was a much much bigger thing. Changing the frame from carbon to aluminum but the same basic layout isn't a huge change and obviously wasn't enough :D

15. Boman Forklift

What changed with the engine, didn't they keep the same 90 degree setup, just like Honda?

16. Robby-Bobby

Lol well I’m pretty fucking sure the body and other bits didn’t just “bolt on”

So maybe he kept the forks and wheels?

Because there’s no fucking way the engine was the same as the previous year. They get better and faster each year.

17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Weren't they also still trying to stick with a 90 deg. layout rotated forward in the frame then? Memoriy is a bit fuzzy it's changed so much.

18. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

you know whats funny... rossi said lorenzo didnt have the balls to sign with ducati, turns out it lorenzo's balls smashing into the tank turned the whole thing around.

lorenzo's balls > rossi's balls?

HPPT and crashman like this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Apparently not enough for Rossi to match Stoners pace. You would think the one that people try to call GOAT would have been able to leap over that little hurdle...

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Stoner also said he’d return if the bikes lost all electronics ...

crashman likes this.