1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Road Racing Documentary

Discussion in 'General' started by sicc, Aug 14, 2018.

1. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

We've all seen Faster, Fasterer, Fasterest, Hitting the Apex, Road (Dunlops), Guy Martin's sub titled movie. (I've bought them all, no stealing :) ) I tried to watch On Any Sunday but that was made like 15 years before i was born and it definately it shows its age.

I've seen clips before but tonight I just watched for the first time the compete Inside the Champ Series series with Matt Mladin. That guy is so dammed interesting and has an ability to articulate his thoughts like no one else. I would place this 0$ budget interview series above any of the straight to DVD stuff above.

Are there any full blown documentaries about Mladin on the level of Fastererestest? My first exposure was the last season with Ben before he went to WSBK and AMA turned into DMG Nascar.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I am going to ignore you for the On Any Sunday comment, and you didn't mention Why We Ride.

3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I don't know of any, but you just put me on to one so thank you for that! I didn't know about the Champ Series, and I'm always looking to watch one of these.

4. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

thanks, found it on amazon prime for free.

i watched on youtube, like 14 parts. you have to search cuz sometimes they don't suggest them in order.

Newyork likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Who's going to be the first asshole to say that series that documented the life and times of HWSNBN? :D

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Dust to Glory was pretty good, Baja racing!

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

8. 1bronco

1bronco Well-Known Member

Check out "I, Superbiker" on Amazon.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

OTT Mladin interview series is pure gold. YouTube.

RoadRACE and RoadRACE2 is where it's at as far as documentaries. :D

odell2115 likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah the OTT series was great. If you think Mladin is interesting you should listen to Ammar Bazzaz. I got to talk to him at length years ago and man that dude is brilliant.

I actually reached out to Tim Ferris a while ago to suggest he get Ben on his show. Maybe if enough people hit him up it can happen. I can't think of anybody more interesting for that format than Ben and he is right in line with Tim's theme of super athletes and outliers. If you follow Tim at all he frequently reaches out for new characters to bring on.

panthercity and Ducti89 like this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Torque
    /thread

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...it's almost impossible to find but Slednecks made a documentary following California Superbike School coaches Misti Hurst and Josh Galster called "Minor Details" which also spotlighted Danny Eslick (Matsushima Performance days), Ben Thompson and a few other. Damn good watch if you can locate a copy or link.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just watched that series a couple months ago, it's pretty good.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There's a bio called Duhamel produced by the National Film Board of Canada that is pretty cool about Miggy's last few years at Honda.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Brown Bunny.

motoboy likes this.
  16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Damn, I forgot just how arrogant he is. :)

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

“14K, The Movie” should be released any day now! It will change the world on roadracing motercycles.

418 likes this.
  19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

http://www.actionsportsvideos.com/motostreet5.html