1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping in a Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Aug 9, 2018.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Don't adjust anyone's suspension setting to prevent getting locked into your trailer.

Gino230 and Robin172 like this.
  2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I always left the rear ramp door closed but unlocked. With a little effort it could be pushed open in an emergency from the inside. And installed a fire/carbon monoxide alarm. Seen reports of deaths from being trapped inside in a fire and generators pumping exhaust into the trailer. Cheap peace of mind.

K51000 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I got one of these for my trailer door. It works pretty well. You could make something that you velcro on a lot cheaper, but this is a lot easier to get in and out of the trailer.
    https://bugoffscreen.com/custom-sizes/

Bring a fan and a ceramic space heater. Leave the roof vent open a crack when closed up and using the space heater.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Fan in front of trailer blowing back and keep back door open.. this keeps the bugs off you too..

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Put everything outside and lower your ezup over everything (lowest setting) and tie it down. Keeps everything outside protected. Should not need a fan, but if you so desire go for it. I've done it a bunch and isnt bad. Airbed and a pillow and your good to go. Also keep a flashlight near by just in case you need to get up.

6. 2blueYam

I prefer my cot with a pad to an airbed, but that is personal preference. Either way make sure you bring something to insulate under you on cooler nights as the air under the cot or in the airbed will not be warm.

twin ty likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It works great....until some joker traps you inside :crackup:

8. i sleep in my enclosed, but it gets super cold inside overnight as the temps usually drop and the cold stays in the trailer. This is made even worse when using an inflatable as the air inside the air mattress seems to absorb all the cold and deflates the bed a bit overnight. If it's in the 60s you'll be fine with just the roof vent open and a nice sleeping bag + cot. Take any fuel, bike, etc (anything flammable) out of the trailer as soon as you get there and let the trailer air out of any fumes. Maintain doors closed as much as possible to keep out all the bugs (annoying when trying to sleep).

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Next AHRMA event I will have to take some pictures of the sleeping rigs people show up with. Not only are the trailers home made, they are often made to accommodate the strangest of tow vehicles and sleeping arrangements. (The fact that they can haul bikes seems secondary.) Everything I've read above sounds like first class lounging compared to some of the AHRMA setups! I swear one looks like a converted coffin.

TLR67 likes this.
  10. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Same here... and I've gone through a variety of bedding arrangements. Settled on a simple fold up cot for now...and flat screen, microwave, coffee maker, etc :cool:

Kurlon likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Futon FTW!!!! Makes a good couch when not in use....

rd49 likes this.
  13. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep that was what I had in my trailer. Fold it down to sleep, push it up and you have a couch.

K51000 likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

If you have a futon in your trailer, you obviously have a bigger trailer than what I do and / or you don't haul as many bikes in it.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Had an 8x18, fit in the front of the trailer width-wise perfectly

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

See, that trick doesn't work with my 6x10. Bikes out, cot in, none of this luxury of having the furniture already in there.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Somewhat on topic, but I found an entire forum dedicated to pimping out cargo trailers for camping etc that has a ridiculous amount of good ideas in it for those wanting to sleep at the track.

http://www.tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=42

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

When I have 3 Bikes and a scooter and or Tire Machine in my trailer I lay it right on top of the bikes Pads down.... It works perfect....

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I saw Marc's new set up at RD ATL, it's sweet. Comfy-looking futon in a spotless race trailer.

TLR67 likes this.