1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$1,000,000,000,000

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 3, 2018.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

They are there. There is also a youtube channel called Snazzy Labs where the guy shows you exactly how to do it. He upgraded his Imac pro with off the shelf parts and saved over $1000 from what Apple wanted to charge.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't take a computer with you for work stuff? Odd but cool.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I keep hearing about that kind of thing yet when I do the actual legwork myself it's never panned out. They're never using truly comparable parts is most of it. Granted desktops like the imac might be different.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yeah, Caterpillar thought that once, once...

Once I explained to a high level Caterpillar executive that in my view the reason MTU Onsite Energy was created was to redirect my capital spend toward them for the next 3 projects when these sort of issues cropped up the hold mysteriously evaporated without our accounts payable getting their shit together.

To be fair, the lashing the accounts payable ne’er-do-wells got internally was epic.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

No, I'm an idtio.

I take it the program is over ?

6. packfan

packfan El Presidente

I think the question should be "why didn't they put a card slot in", not "why do you need one". The cost of adding a card slot to the overall cost of an iPhone would be negligible. Just shear convenience is enough of a reason unless they just didn't want to make it easy for you to get them off for some reason.... maybe like they want them on your cloud account (which you pay for additional storage in if needed right?) so they can look at GPS tags and later market products based on your location info. They also "do you a favor" of categorizing your pictures on your device (https://nypost.com/2017/11/01/your-iphone-has-been-secretly-looking-at-your-boobs/) and I dont need apple to sort my boobie pics.

"Apple’s iPhone Photos app began using metadata analysis and image-recognition technology to sort users’ photos automatically and tag them for easy extraction."

If you really look how they analyze all the data you put on an iPhone they are much more invasive than needed or most think.

As far as apps they dont have... Tons. There is an iracing dashboard, navigation apps for boat navigation, They don't have a decent RDP client for IOS....

Not sure who is upset... I simply don't use their products.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    terminus est likes this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I think the Apple $30 deal is over, but you can always look for it. 3rd party shops will replace the battery for between $30-50.

There are U2B vids about how to do it yourself, and the batteries can be ordered on-line.

Doing a replacement battery will get you a few more years out of the i6, assuming the rest of it is OK.

8. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

So basically they're the PSR of the communication industry...lol

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't care about your question, that was their choice and they did it for whatever reason they felt was right.

My questions is why do you need it? If I have to carry more than 256 gigs I have a laptop and external drives and none of that stuff needs to be on my phone :crackup:

Every single thing you do is invasive and tracking you. The tagging of photos is something a lot of people actually like.

iRacing on a phone? Gary can't even race with a full motion rig :D My RDP client works great, never had an issue. I'll take your word on the boating stuff, I used google maps and a real GPS no matter which phone I had when I had a boat.

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Do you actually realize you talking shit about a landmark Trillion dollar business?

Do you realize that unless your last name is Gates, not one in probably two billion people will take you seriously in this discussion?

What is your point, exactly?

Before you start, Apple is now worth 1 trillion dollars.

Ok, go. ( nobody is going to listen )

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

B.S! This the Wera BBS! We are hear to listen. This is your safe space to rant. Carry on.

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. I just want the shit to work without having to fiddle with anything.

13. speedluvn

I have a 6S, I think. Can you explain more about this upgrade? I don’t need the latest and greatest and would love to keep my current phone.

14. rd400racer

According to this it's still in effect...

Dec 28, 2017 · Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 — from $79 to $29 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, available worldwide through December 2018

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Freudian slip? ;)

16. speedluvn

Yeah but does the new battery improve the phone’s performance? Better, longer battery life?

17. rd400racer

I have no idea.

18. speedluvn

Any techies out there have an idea about this battery warranty?

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

20. speedluvn